Chapter 10-. An oompa loompa?!💭 🥕

A miniature Grappling hook is fired up to a window ledge. A tiny figure, no more than 8 inches high, shimmies up to Willy's window ledge, silhouetted in the moonlight. He slips through the bars, scans the room, then creeps over to two jars of chocolates, still keeping to the shadows. Click! He steps on a floorboard which activates a switch. Suddenly the floorboard twangs upward and the tiny figure is flung across the room and into a funnel which deposits him in a jar, which closes as he lands, trapping him. Willy sits up, delighted.

Willy- Gotcha!

Oompa Loompa- What the devil? Let me out of here! I demand to be released!

Willy- Incredible! It can speak!

Oompa Loompa- Well of course I can speak. Now let me out of here or I shall shriek.

Willy- Not til I take a good look at you.

Willy lifts the jar onto his desk and switches on the light, revealing a small man with bright orange skin and green hair.

Oompa Loompa- Good evening.

Willy- So you're the funny little man who's been following me!

The Oompa Loompa puffs out his chest indignantly.

Oompa Loompa -Funny little man?! How dare you! I'll have you know I'm a perfectly respectable size for an Oompa Loompa.

Willy- An Oompa what now?

Oompa Loompa- In fact in Loompaland, I'm regarded as something of a whopper. They call me Lofty. So I'll thank you not to keep gawping at me like something unpleasant you found in your handkerchief. I find it uncomfortable and frankly rude.

Willy- Sorry.

Oompa Loompa -Now let me out of here. You have no right to go around embottling innocent strangers.

Willy- Innocent? Hold on. You've been stealing from me for years!

Oompa Loompa Well you started it!

Willy- Me?

Oompa Loompa -You stole our cocoa beans!

Willy- What?! What are you talking about?

Oompa Loompa -Do you mean to say you don't even remember?!

Willy- Remember what?!

Oompa Loompa- The day you destroyed my life.

Willy- No, I don't remember that.

Oompa Loompa -Well then, young man, allow me to refresh your memory, in the form of a song so ruinously catchy it will creep into your brain and never leave.

He blows a whistle and the Oompa Loompa theme plays. Willy- I don't like the sound of that...

Oompa Loompa -Too late. I'm dancing now. Once we've started we can't stop.

Oompa Loompa starts doing a strange, hypnotic dance.

Oompa Loompa -

Oompa Loompa doompety-doo, I've got a tragic tale for you. Oompa Loompa doompety-dee, If you are wise you'll listen to me.

An island paradise. A little sail boat, its mast snapped in two, is limping across the ocean towards it.

Oompa Loompa -Dear Loompaland is both luscious and green But not conducive to growing the bean!

Flashback- While his shipmates repair the boat, Willy picks cocoa beans.

Oompa Loompa- My job was guarding what little we'd got. You came along and pinched the lot!

As dawn breaks, Willy leaves with his haul of cocoa beans.

Willy- Why didn't you say anything?

Oompa Loompa - Well perhaps I drifted off!

Two other Oompa Loompas appear over him shaking their heads.

The Oompa Loompa is marched out to sea by the guards.

Oompa Loompa - Oompa Loompa doompety-day, When I awoke, they sent me away. I'm disgraced, cast out in the cold Til I've paid my friends back a thousand fold!

Willy- A thousand fold?! You kidding me?

Oompa Loompa -I repeat! A thousand fold!!

-End flashback

Willy- Look, Mr Loompa, if you really think this is a reasonable penalty for taking three beans...

Oompa Loompa -Four!

Willy-...then I'm sure we can come to an understanding, but I can't just hand over my entire supply! I've got people counting on me.

Oompa Loompa- Hm. Alright. I tell you what. You let me out and we can discuss it like gentlemen.

Willy- Alright.

Willy releases the Oompa Loompa.

Oompa Loompa- Thank you. Now would you be so kind as to hand me that miniature frying pan?

Willy- This one?

Oompa Loompa No no, the heavy one.

Willy- Alright.

Oompa Loompa- Ooh that's quite a beast, isn't it? Now come a little closer. Closer now. Cosy on up.

Willy does so, and the Oompa Loompa whangs him in the head.

Willy- Aargh!

The Oompa Loompa Stamps on Willy's fingers, grabs the jars of chocolate and hops up onto the window ledge.

Oompa Loompa- Oompa Loompas do not negotiate! Good day, sir.

Willy- But--

Oompa Loompa- I said good day!

And with that, he's gone.