Chapter 19: The Fight

Dream POV.

“What do we do?” George asked as the dinosaur looked over to us. “Is he going to eat us?”
“Not if you shut up.” Sapnap responded, glaring over at the brunette. “They hunt people using their hearing, and by detecting motion.” As he spoke he lowered himself downwards towards the ground. “If you stay still and quiet we should be fine.”

“I thought we had eight minutes.” I whispered to Sapnap, repeating his movements and lowering myself down. “Did Jimmy message you eight minutes earlier or something?”
“I don’t know. I’ll have to ask when I get the chance, but maybe we should focus on getting away from the T-rex before your friend does something to get us killed.”

“He won’t do something to get us killed.” I reassured as the dinosaur sniffed at the area, blood dripping down its jaw. The brunette was standing up and just staring forwards, it seemed that he was quivering slightly as the dinosaur's gaze circled the area.

Trying to keep slow and cautious I approached him. “George,” I whispered. He looked over, perhaps a little too fast, causing the dinosaur to snap it’s head in our direction and let out a low snarl. “It’s okay. We know how to deal with this and we will keep you safe.”
“At the very least we will try.” Sapnap muttered.

“How will you deal with a dinosaur wanting to eat us?” He asked, his voice shaky as he glanced over. My hands went to wrap around him, leading him back towards the golf cart slowly.
“Don’t worry. We learn about the behaviour of dinosaurs from the time they hatch, we know how they will try and hunt us and can avoid them.”

Although I tried to calm him with what I said, it didn’t seem to help him. “Hey.” I tried to calm him, my hand brushing through his hair. “Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you, okay?” He looked over at me and nodded, still feeling cautious.

I kept one eye on the dinosaur the entire time, making sure the T-rex didn’t try and run at us while our attention was away. “Sapnap and I will get you back to the main area of the park and the two of us will make sure you are safe, okay?”
“What about everyone else? Will everyone die?”

“There are all sorts of protocols in place to keep everyone safe.” My hands squeezed him reassuringly and he nodded again. “Now, since those doors back to the Gyrosphere station are locked it would be best to go past the stream and to the Field Complex.”
“What is the Field complex?” George asked.

“It’s a giant concrete building about a thirty minute walk away.” Sapnap explained. “The Complex has its own power source on a separate generator, no dinosaurs should be able to get in.” George nodded.
“What’s the point of getting there?” He asked, his brows furrowed.

“Well there are beds, medical supplies, a lot of food, and clothes.” I explained, that caused George’s expression to furrow further.
“You are talking like we are going to be trapped here for months.” George said, seeming shocked. “I-I can’t be here for months!”

“Don’t worry, you aren’t going to be here for months.” I reassured him. “We will just head there and try to radio to find out what is going on.” He nodded and I kissed the side of his face.
“We better be going.” Sapnap spoke, speaking quietly however he was still cautious of the dinosaur. “Just make sure you both are quiet and have careful movements.”

George was now staring at the dinosaurs again with wide eyes and he breathing sped up. “Dream it’s coming towards us.” A breeze picked up, and at the same time the dinosaur looked towards us. He yelped and it was loud enough to catch the attention of the ferocious beast.
“God damn it.” Sapnap muttered. “Has nobody told you to be quiet around animals.”

“I’m sorry.” George murmured before he jumped as a large dinosaur cried out. We all looked over, our hearts thundering. A group of five dinosaurs had appeared from who knows where, all with long jaws and a row of sharp teeth. They snarled in George’s direction, causing his body to freeze. “Dream…” he whimpered out.

“D-do I freeze?” He asked. “Like you said with… wi the T-rex?” None of us got the chance to speak again as another cry ran out and one of the dinosaurs charged at us. Without saying anything I grabbed George’s arm and began pulling him away as they began to close the distance.

“Dream? He asked, sounding panicked. All three of us ran, with these long snouted dinos and the T-rex all running towards us.
“Just keep running!” Sapnap shouted, having made a lead by a few feet ahead of us. “I fucking hate Jimmy for leaving us with this.”

Despite Sapnap’s shouts coming from in front of me, I couldn’t focus on it as I ran desperately. Suddenly I screamed and fell forward, clutching at the dirt on the ground as my shirt was torn from my back and some flesh along with it. George was dragged down with me and I pulled my hand away from him as the dinosaur who had struck me prepared to strike again.

George looked over at me, letting out a loud scream of fear as Sapnap grabbed him and I prepared to have my body ripped apart. The feeling of whooshing wind and the rumbling of large footsteps able to crush me.

My eyes opened when I realised that I was still alive before gasping as I saw a dinosaur claw larger than my hand right beside her. “Shit…” I murmured, my eyes widening before I looked over towards George and Sapnap who had turned to look back to look over towards me.

With my breath caught in my throat I slowly began to crawl forward, not daring to look as deafening roars and growls came from beside me. My back hurt from being clawed and I wanted to cry out in pain. George moved back towards me and grabbed my arm, pulling me up as I stumbled.

“Now what do we do?” I asked, glancing towards Sapnap. “We can’t run to the Field Complex.”
Sapnap helped George, taking me with the other arm and the three of us made our way to the treeline, leaving the fight behind us.
______________________________________
1088 words