Chapter 14: The Penta and the Rex

Dream POV.

The wide smile that George had as he patted Twig was one that I was wanting to remember forever. He had pure perplexment from the moment she had emerged from between the trees and he was able to feed her. Then his grin just kept growing as he continued to pet her snout, even daring to brush his thumb over her beak.

I took a few photos on his phone for him to put in his article, and I also took a few photos on my phone because he was adorable seeing a dinosaur up close for his first time. Then he asked if he could get a photo of me patting Twig.

Now he was just sitting on a bench as Twig munched on some foliage near the fence. She was probably hanging around in hope of eating some more palm leaves, however we’d leave the rest of the stuff in the trough for the guests who would be here soon. She was letting out a small cooing noise as she ate, with George sitting down on a bench in front of the enclosure.

“So you are taking advantage of your private half hour in the park to just sit by Twig?” I asked, tilting my head at him. “There are hundreds of other dinosaurs to see.”
“I know, but just look at her… I can’t believe that she is an actual dinosaur, and then I am able to pat her. Twig is… she’s extraordinary.”

The brunette stood up from the bench and grabbed another palm leaf and walked over to the fence, with the Triceratops happily moving towards him at the realisation that she’d get more food. Twig began happily munching at the leaf, with George talking to her like she was nothing more than a giant puppy.

“Aww, look at you. You are such a good girl.” His free hand easily wound up just below her horn again, massaging the rough skin before pulling his hand back when she snorted roughly at the two of us. He was so adorable.

“Come on George.” I said with a smile. “You can come back and see her later. There are some other dinosaurs that we should check out before a huge crowd appears.” I told him. He sighed before taking a step back and nodding.
“Sure, I guess we could come and see her again later.”

He gave a goodbye to the dinosaur before walking over to me. A grin was on his face and he examined the hand which had been patting Twig. “What other dinosaurs are there?” He asked eagerly, grinning like a child. “Are there any others that can be fed? Or maybe there is a T-rex somewhere around here?”

“There is a T-rex that we can go and see if you want. In fact we have three, one mating pair and a juvenile they hatched.” I listed.
“I thought all of the dinosaurs on the island were female.” George muttered. “So that they wouldn’t be able to breed.”

“Oh, we do that for the herbivores, and for the dinosaurs where we have large groups such as the Delociraptors and the Dilophosaurus’. For the T-Rex's we have a mating pair. The juvenile was one that they hatched a few years ago from their own crop of eggs.” George seemed interested in what I was saying.

“That’s really cool.” He grinned. “I didn’t realise you put this kind of thought into the dinosaurs that were in the park.” When I offered my hand out to him he took it, holding it tightly. “Bye Twig,” he smiled at the Triceratops, who honestly didn’t care about the fact that he was leaving, all that she cared about was the food, which we weren’t giving her.

“Are there any other dinosaurs that you want to see before the T-rex?” I asked him. I stopped walking for a moment and pointed over at the enclosure opposite Twig. “I mean there is a herd of half a dozen Pentaceratops.” I explained. “They’ll be here for about half a day and then in the afternoon they will be moved to the fields.”

“Wait… wha-” George blinked slowly, perhaps I had begun rambling, something which I could often do when I was talking about dinosaurs. Honestly in that regard I was like one of those six year old boys who made ‘dinosaurs’ their entire personality.

“Oh, the herd of Pentaceratops are being herded to the fields this afternoon. So if you want to have a chance to see them then it is best to see them now.”
However George cut me off before I could keep talking. “What is a Penta-tera-tops?” He questioned, his brows furrowed.

“Oh, a Pentaceratops. It is a close relative to the Triceratops, however it has a much bigger head crest and instead of having three horns it has five, along with ridges around the crest.” I explained. “They are going to be herded out to the fields today and this evening, likely after the park closes, the other herd is going to be brought in.”

“You have two herds?” George questioned, pulling the notepad from his pocket so that he would be able to take more notes for his article (honestly at this point his article could instead be its own book).
“Yeah, one herd will be here in the park, the other herd will free roam in the fields.”

“Interesting.” He hummed, moving away from me and over to the fence. Once again he had gotten engrossed and he grabbed a palm which was in a trough, immediately eager for the chance to feed another dinosaur. The brunette had truly gotten addicted to the opportunity to pat one of these giant reptiles.

With an eye roll I pulled out the control which controlled the scent to encourage dinosaurs to the front of the enclosure. A few minutes passed while George looked around hopefully before about three or four dinosaurs emerged from the undergrowth.

Despite the fact that Pentaceratops had the bigger head crest, they were noticeably smaller than the Triceratops. They were still just as happy to come and munch on the palms that George offered out, with me taking his phone and snapping some photos for him, just like I did the last time.

“They are so cute.” George grinned, carefully patting them without any prompting, similarly to what he had done with Twig. “I always thought of dinosaurs as big and scary, but they are like giant puppies.” As he pat the snout a long tongue went to lick at him from another one of the dinosaurs, coating him in a layer of slimy saliva.

His eyes widened and he quickly pulled his hands back. I laughed. “This is not funny.” He said, glaring at me with a grimace on his face.
“Well I don’t see why you are so upset. You did say they were like giant puppies, puppies lick people.” He just continued to glare at me.

Eventually I rolled my eyes, as though I was completely annoyed by him when in reality I thought it was cute. “Come on then, I’ll take you to a bathroom where you can get cleaned up.” I said, walking away as the dinosaurs all cooed and softly growled behind us.
______________________________________
1251 words

Just George and some dinosaurs bonding.

For all smut readers Ezra should have another chapter out either today or tomorrow, so keep an eye on his account.