Chapter 6

How is that one moment he is here and then a next he is gone? I seriously need to get myself checked out by the doctor. I thought to myself and made my way back up to my room. I might just need to have some extra sleep and that might help. As I passed Aleigha's room, I took a second to check on her. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't dreaming any of this that just happened. When I opened her door she was sitting on her bed with Chewy and her sketch book was in her lap.

"Titi? I didn't hear you get up. How did you sleep?" She spoke so softly and cheerfully that I almost forgot that she was a morning person. Which was something I so dreadfully disliked about her.

"I am good Aleigha. How did you sleep? Oh and I am never allowing you to fall asleep in my car again. You don't look like you weigh much but gees you put a killing on my back." I chuckled as I reached her bed and took a spot next to her and Chewy climbed in my lap. Chewy is the mini piglet that I got Aleigha as a birthday gift when she turned 10.

"Oh Titi," Aleigha laughed as she stilled stayed focused on her art work, "You just need to get back to the gym. But other than the knot that I woke up with on my head, I slept good. I am not sure how I got it, but did you hit my head carrying me into the house?"

"I honestly don't remember if I did. But if it was me, I am sorry." I laid back against her pillows and allowed Chewy to get comfortable in his place on my chest before he fell asleep. "Aleigha, I need to ask you something." She gave me a hum to say that she was paying attention and ready for my question, but before I asked I looked over her shoulder and saw what she was so intently working on. I was in shock. "Aleigha, who are you drawing? And why are you drawing him?"

"Well, for a lot of reasons that I decided to go with Andy rather than Austin, was because Andy has more define features, like here in his cheekbones, and his jaw line. Things that have a huge impact on looks. I mean Austin has looks and great structure but it comes nothing close to Andy's."

I seriously sat still and shocked. Not only because she was drawing him but also because of her talent. It was unbelievable how persist it was. Thinking about it, there was no real way she got a good look at Andy at the show last night. How was it that she could get all of his features right, unless, he really was here and she didn't take Chewy for a walk she just brought him upstairs. Now I really had to know if he was here.

"Aleigha, were you speaking with someone this morning before I woke up?" I asked while still  petting Chewy.

"Yeah. Someone knocked on the door this morning and I answered it." She didn't move from her work. She was intently drawing and shading Andy's portrait. "He asked if you were home and I told him that you were sleeping." 

I was scared. How could he of found out my address? Why would he show up here? Just because we saw each other yesterday doesn't mean I want to continuously see him. Maybe he might just be looking for closure, but if he is then he might ask for forgiveness and I can't give him that. Trying very hard to process all of this that was going on, I decided that I needed to get out of the house.

"Aleigha, why don't you call over your two friends and hang out with them here at the house while I go and do some running that I have put off for a while?" I asked her as I moved Chewy from my lap and got up from her bed. She smiled a huge toothy grin and started calling or texting both of her friends and I was out of her room.

I paced quickly down the hall into my bedroom, and grabbed my towels off the edge of my bed. I needed a shower to rinse this feeling off of me and to be able to fully function. The water was steaming hot and my washroom quickly filled with steam making it relaxing and soothing. I was in and out in all of about 20 minutes, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel and walked over to my vanity to being my short process of getting ready.Always, I started first with my make-up then my clothes and finally my hair. Simple and quick.