𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇 𝙁𝘼𝙄𝙇𝙐𝙍𝙀; roller skates with hearts

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

"READY FOR YOUR FIRST
lesson?"
Marjorine asked, her smile coated in pink clear gloss that smelled of strawberries even from my distance.

with a pair of roller skates; a black pair with pink laces and heart—shaped toes tops and pink clear wheels— I had gotten from my cousin, she used to be really into roller skating. like those people who wore those short shorts, knee high socks, and a walkman on their waist in the 80s before she turned into a boring ninteen—year old, that now thinks she's too cool for me. though being only two years older.

hell, I couldn't even get her to talk to me since she's always stuck in her room that reeked of weed.

but in the end, I was able to get my hands of them, courtesy of my aunt.

"not really," I mumbled, not too happy able potentially busting my ass.

Marjorine giggled and sat on a nearby bench to put on her skates for the rink.

Marjie was cool enough to take me out to a roller skating rink, it surprises me how much money she's willing to spend just for practice. but yeah, her parents have good jobs and maybe I'm not used to luxury.

it doesn't take me long to follow along and take my place next to her where I struggled to lace them up, my cousin thought it would be an awesome idea to tie them so tight— not even my nails do the trick of loosening them.

guess she really wasn't intending on going back to the hobby.

either way; she had no reason to tie these so damn tight.

after a few moments of trying to figure out how to loosen this knot— I give up and turn to Marjie whose laces have been laced minutes ago, and who was patiently waiting.

awkwardly tugging on Marjorine's sleeve, I watched as her eyes turned to me curiously before down at the laces I still haven't laced yet.

I felt even more stupid when she let out a giggle, "oh (Y/N)! don't worry doll, I'll help ya out."

my knee was brought up to my chest so I turned my body towards her, expecting her to lace them up just where she sat but instead:

Marjorine got on the colorful glow—in—the—dark carpet, on HER KNEES. and started to fix my laces for me since I'm too much of an idiot to do so myself.

a smile started to grow on my face as I watched Marjie help me out more, she really was sweet.

after that was over with, I attempted to stand up only to kiss the floor.

"OH FUCK!"

"(Y/N)! no cussing! there's little babies near!"

my feet scrambled and I gripped onto Majorine for dear life like the floor was lava. I held onto her so tight even she started to scramble.

"just relax sweetie! here, just stand still for me."

placing her own hands on my forearms, she pushed me back slightly and smiled to help calm me. which worked.

"okay, now your going to push with this foot..."

she demonstrated how to move, and somehow I understood what she was talking about— it wasn't like Wendy, Wendy is nice and all but her nerdy and expansive vocabulary sounds like a librarians and I can't understand half the words she speaks.

then, I can move!! (somehow and with a trainer)

"wanna head to the rink?"
Marjorine asked, taking my hands in hers as she flawlessly rolled back, leading us backwards towards the rink.

"sure. if you protect and make sure I don't bust my ass."
I reply with an innocent smile.

"trust me. then you'll be just fine."

it was just fine. I was following Marjorine around as she was doing tricks; when I get distracted by a pair of people.

or more specifically, teenage boys...
CUTE!! TEEN, BOYS...

one was a light brunette with freckles and choppy hair that suit him well, he had on a black baggy tee with dirty jeans that looked twice his size.

another, a twitchy blonde who didn't even look at the ground to roller skate. or roller blade.

roller—blading?? that's a whole other level so salute to those guys I guess.

I watch as the brunette crouched down backwards and allowed the blonde to sit on his lap. the blonde didn't seem too dazed and stretched his back out.

damn, what are they?? gay or really just good pals?

I could recognize Marjorine's voice right away, "Tweek and Dovah?? yeah, their pretty good and have been skating for years!"

⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅