|#6|

Zenith Ventures is an IT company doing well in the business world. Yeah, it has a good name as per the website. The website shows that the clients are satisfied with the kind of business Zenith Ventures is giving them. Ruhana is right at her place, there's no harm in dealing with them. He's partially convinced, but a few anecdotes from various people stop him from going ahead with them.

Vineet opens a certain link, it's the About page of the business website of the said company. He begins to read them to understand them before dealing with them. Well, he knows that it's hard to pull her back from anything that she has decided beforehand.

As he digs further into the article, he's surprised to read that this company, Zenith Ventures, belongs to Shekhar Bisht. As he reads further, he is shocked, and realisation strikes him when he realises that this name is somehow related to Ruhana. As he scrolls further and checks on the photographs posted on the website, he's assured that Shekhar is no one but Ruhana's paternal uncle.

With further investigation, he realises that Zenith Ventures requires funds as they've faced multiple losses. This is the reason why Ruhana wants to deal with them. She wants to help them and take over the company in her name. He sighs deeply as he understands the strategy that his friend has made.

He's still involved in reading about the company when the door of his cabin opens and Ruhana enters, glaring at him.

"Vineet, why haven't you called Shikha yet? I told you to do that immediately."

"Shikha Patel? PA of Mr. Shekhar Bisht, right?"

"Yeah, why didn't you call her yet? I want this deal to be done as soon as possible." Ruhana replies annoyingly.

"What is your motive behind this, Ruhana?" Vineet asks his first question.

"They're good enough for us, this deal would be profitable for us. And if you're not interested, tell me. I will handle it single-handedly." Ruhana says she's determined to go ahead with this deal.

"You will stand against Shekhar uncle? How could you think of doing it, Ruhana?" He asks, unable to believe that she has a plan against her uncle.

"Why can't I do it, Vineet? Do you even know what he did to me after I lost Dad and Mom? No, you don't. So, don't judge me. And do as I asked you." She shouts at him.

"Ruhana, I am telling you that you are opting the wrong way. Zenith Ventures is only showing their successful projects on their website. And right now, they're at a loss. And you want to go ahead with them? Why?" He asks.

"You know what? Mr Shekhar needs to taste his own medicine. And yeah, I know you have guessed my strategy. I'll ditch him to take over his company. However, Zenith was never uncle's company. It was a name I came up with when Papa wanted to increase his business. But..." She speaks but pauses in the middle, gritting her teeth.

Vineet remains quiet, giving her the space to collect her thoughts. He's aware that he's touched upon a sensitive topic she'd rather forget. Observing her shifting expressions, he senses that there are additional layers to the story beyond what he's already aware of.

Ruhana casts a glance in his direction before inhaling deeply. Despite feeling his probing gaze locked onto her, she realises the necessity of disclosing the truth about the arrangement with her uncle's company.

"My life changed drastically after I left Delhi. It's not as easy as you think it to be, Vineet. Yeah, I agree, Life is hard for everyone, all of us have different struggles, problems, and solutions to the same. But when I say I had it differently, I mean it."

"When I turned seventeen, Mom, Dad, and I went on vacation. Dad promised me an outing after my board exams. It was our last vacation together, or you may say that it was the last time I spent some quality time with my parents." She says so, and Vineet is surprised.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

She smiles faintly at her best friend and trails down memory lane.

*Flashback Begins*

Ruhana and her parents return from their vacation. The girl is lazy and she's just contemplating her thoughts about the courses she wants to pursue. She has a keen interest in business and fashion. She's doodling in her sketchbook when she hears her parents talking.

"Dad, what are you planning?" She asks.

"Honey, I am planning to expand our business. Since you have a keen interest in business, I want to set up something for you." Her father responds lovingly.

"Aw, that's so sweet, Papa. You know what? I have a name for our new business. Since you're excellent in your field, and you're at your peak in the business world, we will name our venture Zenith Excellence, where success & excellence work together. How is it?" She glances at her dad, hopefully.

"That's excellent, my girl. We will keep it this way. By the way, have you decided what you want to study further?" He asks caringly.

"Business and fashion, Dad. I am thinking of opting for Symbiosis Business School in Pune. What do you think?" She looks at her parents.

"It's a great choice, honey. Fill up the forms, so that we can get this done in the first place." Her father says.

"Yeah, and then your dad wants your help in some project. So better plan for your college first." Her mother replies, and her father makes a face; it had to be kept a secret.

"New project? You want me to help?" She asks excitedly.

"Yes, honey. We will do it together." Her father assures her.

Ruhana nods, and as the days pass by, she visits the institute and gets all the admissions process done. The girl is delighted at the moment.

Ruhana and her parents were travelling back home from Pune. Excitedly, Ruhana shared her college plans with her parents, who listened with smiles on their faces. She was thinking about her future, not realising how quickly life can change.

Sadly, this trip to Pune ended up being their last journey together. Their car collided with a truck, and Ruhana's father passed away instantly. Some people passing by took Ruhana and her mom to the hospital. Ruhana survived the accident, but her mom couldn't make it. The shock of losing her husband was too much for her to bear.

With time, she composed herself and looked upon her uncle, Shekhar, who took on the responsibility of taking care of her. Initially, Shekhar behaved nicely with Ruhana, but later on, she began understanding him.

One fine day, Shekhar calls Ruhana and asks her to sign a few papers. The girl signed the papers and then left for Pune. She has promised herself to complete her studies and take forward her company, Zenith Excellence. Little did she know that her happiness was short-lived.

To Be Continued.

The flashback continues in next chapter.

Word count: 1179 words.

Total word count: 6612 words.