|#2|

Ruhana believes that one needs to run behind money and love. She also believes that if you do not fight for your rights, people will go to any extent, even if it means hurting you. Vineet holds different views about it. He feels that the things that are meant to be yours will come to you at the right time. The two have a trifle regarding the same and he tries to convince her that she's walking on the wrong road.

"It's not the same every time, Ruu," he says, addressing her by her nickname.

"It is the same, Vineet. And stop calling me by that name. My name is Ruhana! Did you get it?" She shouts at her and he's baffled at the moment.

He glances at her. She has always loved it when he called her by her short name, but now she's irritated. Also, she has become short-tempered and gets irked at small things. He sighs deeply, letting her continue.

"Things were easy for you, Vineet, not for me. I've lost everything to people who were my dad's juniors. Even his seniors ditched him for his honesty. This included my family as well. Then, why be honest? The people who cheat get good marks, and those who bribe get good jobs. Then, what's the use of staying honest and speaking the truth? You do not do anything, Vineet. Stop judging me." She shouts at him.

"But, not everyone is the same. Why are you punishing every other person for the one who hurt you?" He asks, trying to convince her.

"You never know how people change! They change within the blink of an eye and you never realise it until they hurt you with their changed demeanour."

"And yes, I have made this company, TechCouture Innovations, with my hard work. I don't want any losses. It's inevitable, I know. Sometimes, there are gains and losses. But I don't want to take any chances. So, let me do my business in my way." She affirms in a loud voice.

"Ruhana, you're doing it the wrong way. You're mistaken." He says it softly.

"Vineet, please, I know what I am doing and what's better for my business. Let me do things my way." Ruhana says it annoyingly.

Vineet stands still in disbelief, looking at Ruhana as she enters her room. He sighs deeply. Ruhana has grown into a passionate and ambitious soul-completely opposite of her babyish essence. She's grown up to be money-minded, harsh, and outspoken. Today, she has asked him not to interfere in her matters. His heart pinches at her words, but it is reality. He trails down memory lane, where she is a sweet, loving soul and always wants his opinion in everything she does.

*Flashback Begins*

A girl and a boy are in a room, playing together. These are Ruhana and Vineet; the former is six years old, while the latter is seven years old. They've done their homework, and they're playing now. Ruhana looks at Vineet and chuckles. She wants him to see the drawing that she's made.

Ruhana is an artist. She loves to sketch and colour. She has learned this art by herself. She loves to copy designs, and her mom helps her. Today, too, Ruhana has made a sketch, and she wants Vineet to look at it while he's indifferent to the same.

"Ruu, I will look at it later. Let's play Ludo." He chuckles.

"Vinu, please. You know, I want you to look at my art first. Mom and Dad always praise me, but you tell me where I go wrong. Please see!" She insists while looking at him.

"I know you have done it right. Just submit it." Vineet says.

"Hey, why are you denying? Please tell me what's wrong?" She insists.

"And if I say that it is not good, you will make another picture?" He asks as he's amused by her innocence.

"Yes, Vinu! I will make another picture. I want it to be the best." She says this and shows him the drawing pad.

Vineet is awestruck to see the drawing. Ruhana has sketched two friends, a girl and a boy, approximately their ages. They're holding hands and laughing. She has given the names below the figures; of course, it's their picture. He smiles.

"Beautiful! But why have you written our names? Ma'am will scold." He asks.

"Soniya ma'am asked to give names. And everyone knows that you're my best friend. So, it's fine. But if you don't like it, I will change the names." She says it innocently.

"It's okay, you can write the names. But, will you discuss everything with me like this?" he asks.

"Yes, Vineet. You've promised me that we will be together, so I will show everything to you. You'll need to help me, always." She says.

"Are you sure it will happen?" He asks, looking at her.

"Yes, Mumma says that whatever we think, it happens at some time or the other," Ruhana says it innocently.

"I wish for the same." He says as they share a hug.

*Flashback Ends*

Vineet comes out of the trance. The soft smile on his face turns into a painful smile. Yeah, her words came true. They're working together, but Ruhana doesn't discuss everything with him now. They only discuss the projects on which they're working together. And she's hiding things from him. She hasn't kept her promise.

He sighs deeply and thinks of ways to bring Ruhana back on track. She has to stop running behind fame and money and do what she can to do her best. He's lost in his thoughts when Ruhana rushes out of her room, holding her bag. She informs him that she has to leave for a meeting and leaves without waiting for his reply.

He watches her leave helplessly.

*****

Vineet is a well-known businessman in the tech world and has a company with the name "CodeCraft Solutions.". He's an engineer but he wanted to start a business of his own, and so he did exactly the same. Now, he has shaken hands with Ruhana's company and they are working on some projects jointly.

They've met after a long span of twenty years and he feels that there's a significant reason for the change in her personality. She's not the same girl from their childhood. It has been a good six months since they met again, and now, he's determined to find out the reason for the change in her demeanour.

To Be Continued.

A/N: word count: 1082 words.

Total word count: 2190 words.