"What are you doing?!" I glared at him while he was still sitting on the floor with his legs crossed. He looked back at me, and I glanced at Eris who was looking at us with her mouth open.

"Sera?" She looked confused, "Are you sad about what brother Azef said about your butt?"

!!!

Azef placed his hand on mine and removed it from his hand, "Exactly," Instead of me, he answered her, "I'm guessing she feels inferior in regards to the juiciness of our butts."

"Azef!!" I slapped my hand on his mouth again, "What are you saying to a child?!?"

He removed my hand again, "But it's true isn't it? Mine is better-" I slapped his mouth shut with both my hands this time as my whole face went red.

"Please stop," I begged, "Not another word about butts," Eris watched us quietly while Azef stared at me for a moment, then shrugged.

"Alright," He said in a muffled voice and I released his mouth. Slowly moving away from him to sit back down on the floor while I kept my shaky gaze on him.

What a shameless man. I can't believe him. He says stuff like that with a straight face while here I am, drowning in shame because of his words. I sat down on the floor in a kneeling position and looked at Eris and him. Neither of us had anything much to say so we just stared at each other till the time Azef decided to break the silence.

"What do you like to eat?" He asked.

"Anything, I'm not a picky eater." I answered him without delay and gave him a straight answer because at the moment, I didn't want to say anything odd that would make my face flush even more.

"That's not what I'm asking," He shook his head, "I'm asking what you like. Everyone has a favorite food or two."

"Yea," Eris nodded her head and looked at me, "What do you like?" She had an excitement in her eyes which made me frown.

"Why are you asking about what I like?" I asked him suspiciously, "I already told you I'm not picky."

"And I asked what is your favorite food?" He folded his arms, "The reason I'm asking is because we'll eat what you like tonight."

"Why?" It was an odd feeling. Being asked what I liked and actually having the potential of having it.

"It would be an apology from my side for saying something rude," He answered, "So tell me, what do you like?"

They both stared at me while I had to think about it. It's been a few years... I didn't have the luxury to think about my favorite food. Life has been so difficult that I couldn't focus on things like these.

Azef didn't rush me. I got lost in my thoughts but he quietly waited.

I always got leftovers from work and had them with Eris. There wasn't much to food other than eating it for the sake of living.

...

My chest felt queasy. Now that I was made to think about what I liked, I felt this strange feeling of comfort. Maybe because someone was being attentive towards me, and that felt nice.

Hmmm. I had been eating all different kinds of food in the past years. But, among those things,there was this particular dish I quite liked.

"Shrimp pasta," I whispered the words

"Okay," He got his phone out and began to do something, "Shrimp pasta it is,"

!!!

"What are you doing?" I asked and he stood up

"You'll find out soon enough." He passed me a smile, "I have to leave for work but I'll make sure you eat the best pasta tonight,"

"Yes?"

He didn't elaborate and walked away.

Eris and I turned to look at each other in confusion.

????

***

"Hi, I'm Bezof," A muscular man stood at the door

"Who?" I answered the door after the bell kept ringing. Normally, it wouldn't be my place to do something like that since I'm only a guest in this house but the bell just wouldn't stop ringing and I had to answer.

I was afraid if I didn't, the bell might die!

"I'm the chef," He answered, "Beta Azef called me."

"Oh,"

"I'll be making dinner tonight." He walked in, "I was away on vacation for a few days. I was supposed to come back two days later but then I got a call from Beta Azef and of course I couldn't decline,"

"I see," I closed the door behind him, "What are you making?"

He smiled at me as he entered the kitchen, "The Beta requested a dish. I'm going to make that."

"Beta?" He's been using that term a lot.

"Oh, it's a ..." He was hesitant, "It's a way we call him."

"We?" I stood on the other side of the kitchen counter.

He panicked even more, "It's just a term to refer to our superior. It's used where I'm from." He didn't meet my eyes, "How about you wait while I prepare the food "

It sounded suspicious. But what could I do about it? "Alright." If I recall correctly, some other men called Azef Beta too, right when we first met at the beach.

Hmm

I walked to the lounge and sat down on the three-seater couch where Eris was already sitting watching cartoons.

He said it's a way to call your superior, but I've never heard of something like the word 'beta' being used like that. I folded my arms

Seems a little suspicious.

***

"Shrimp spaghetti..." I stared at it in awe. Two plates of shrimp pasta were placed in front of us on the table, "Then I looked at Bezof. Azef asked you to make this?"

"Yes," He seemed proud, "He doesn't request things like these so I was surprised but when I saw you I knew it must be for you."

"Psst," Eris moved to my ear, "It's the man who made me pancakes." She wobbled a little as if she was drunk but caught herself and sat back down nicely.

"Oh~" So he must know we're not exactly guests. But we are treated like guests... Which is weird...

"Thank you for the food, Bezof."

"No problem," He smiled, "Please, enjoy,"

I twirled the delicate strands of spaghetti around my fork, as the aroma of garlic and herbs filled the air, mingling with the rich scent of freshly cooked shrimp. When I took the first bite a symphony of flavors danced upon my tongue, each bite a tantalizing blend of savory and succulent delights.

OH MY GOD!!! I glanced at Eris and she looked at me with sparkling eyes! Then we both took more pasta and put it in our mouths.

With each mouthful, I savored the tender texture of the shrimp, its delicate sweetness perfectly complementing the al dente perfection of the pasta. The sauce, a velvety symphony of tomatoes and cream, enveloped each bite in a luxurious embrace, its richness coating my palate with an explosion of flavor that left me craving more.

OH! Hell!! This is sooo goood!!! Once I started, I couldn't stop myself from eating.

With each passing moment, I found myself falling deeper and deeper in love with the dish. And as I savored the mouthful of food, I noticed something.

A sudden change swept over Eris. In an instant, her lively demeanor faded,

At first, I thought it was nothing more than a momentary lapse, a brief interruption in the flow of her meal. But then, before I could react, Eris slumped forward in her seat, her eyes fluttering closed as she crumpled to the ground in a heap.

!!!