Taking out my phone, I see Joe's name, reading the message and beginning to type a message back, feeling Willa stand up off my lap.

"Oh, thank you."

I glance up, noticing Willa had given Jessica the book and is currently staring at her, her finger in her mouth as she observes her.

Jessica opens the book and quietly begins to read her the story, not pressuring her by any means to come closer or listen. By the time the book is done, Jessica offers it back and Willa gently takes it, walking away, grabbing another one and bringing it to me once again.

"Hi baby," I grin, grabbing I Will Always Love You and reading it to her as she sits in my lap again.

The next time she gets up, she brings a new book to Jessica once again, this time taking a few steps closer and paying closer attention.

While she's in the middle of the story, Joe enters the room again, setting down a bag as Willa quickly gets up and rushes over to him.

"Hi princess," he smiles, lifting her up and kissing her cheek. "How did you do while I was gone?"

"She's been wanting books this morning."

"Oh, we love the books," he smiles, walking over with her in his arms and sitting on the floor as well.

"She even let Ms. Jessica read a couple to her."

"Oh yeah?" Joe asks, looking at Willa. "That's a good sign."

I nod. "Yeah, she's doing okay. She's already starting to warm up to her a little."

Joe nods. "Good. Do you wanna go get a toy?" He asks, letting her down as she walks for the toys and again begins to play.

We continue like this for a while, Willa becoming more and more comfortable walking over to Jessica as the time continues but won't allow her to touch her. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't interesting to watch.

"Okay, should we do this little art project?" Joe asks, grinning, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Sounds good to me," Jessica nods. "Is there anywhere you'd prefer to do it? I can get it set up!"

"I'd say probably just the table?" Joe suggests, glancing at me.

I nod. "Yeah, the table sounds perfect."

She gets up and walks over to the table where Joe had left the supplies, beginning to get things ready as Joe and I continue to sit on the floor, Willa playing between the two of us.

I take this moment to stare at her, watching as she flips the toy in her hands trying to get it do what she's trying to make it do, whatever that may be.

Joe clears his throat, catching my attention so he can mouth the words 'you okay' in my direction.

I nod slowly, looking back at Willa before grinning and nodding again, more confidently this time.

Joe nods, giving me a look that says, 'I'm proud of you for giving this a chance'.

Willa stands only a moment later and both of our eyes follow as she weaves her way out of the area and over to the table where Jessica stands, trying to see what she's doing.

"Hi Willa!" She says, smiling down at her.

Willa simply looks at her before trying to see on the table, trying to figure out what she could be up to.

"We're going to paint; do you want to paint?" She asks, fully turning her body towards Willa now.

Willa continues to try and see while Joe and I rise from the floor and make our way over, both sitting in the same chairs as earlier.