Promise

Promise

"Y/n-ah...tell me, when is your birthday, huh?", Mr. Jeon asked smiling, as he scooped her in his arms standing. "It's on (y/b/d), appa.", She replied cheekily smiling back. "Oh, then it's coming soon..hmm..", he pretended to think for a second, "..we should celebrate it grandly! As it's your first birthday with me and your step brother, right?"
Her smile dropped for a while as soon as he mentioned step brother, but she managed to smile again. Mr. Jeon placed her foot back on the floor, caressing her head he spoke, "Princess, eat well okay? You're getting thinner..", she nodded, "okay, appa."

"Oh, Jungkookie.", Mr. Jeon smiled looking at his son, stepping down the stairs drowsily. But his smile faded when he noticed him not even glancing to greet his father. Jungkook directly walked to y/n and grabbed her hand, "Noona, can you help me with my homework?", he was in a position, as if he was going to take her with him even if she told 'no'. "W-what homework, kook?", She asked innocently. "let's go, I'll show you.", He started dragging her, but his steps came to an abrupt halt when he heard his father...

"Take care of your sister well on my absence, Jungkook-ah."

Leaving her hand, he turned around with his wide eyes particularly glaring at his father. "I don't see her as my sister!..She is my Noona! My Noona!", The old man was quite taken aback by his son's temper at such a young age just for mentioning y/n as his sister. What's so wrong in her being his sister? After all she calls his father 'appa', right?

Jungkook harshly grabbed her wrist and dragged her back to his room. "K-kook..wait..wait!", He finally let her hand go after closing the door. "Why did you behave that way with appa? It was rude..", she uttered frowning, but the fuming little boy didn't reply.
She slowly stepped near him, cupping his face made him look at her. Instantly his muscles tensed down with her touch, as he stared at her. "What's wrong, kook?"

"Noona is not my sister. I am not your brother!"

He whined, making her smile, "it's okay, kook. It's alright if you don't accept me as your sister..We are still bestfriends, right?!", He vigorously nodded his head, making her teeth show up through the grin.

"Noona, promise me you will never leave your kook. Promise me you that you will be with me no matter what!"

"Noona promises you, kook. Why will she even leave you?"

TWELVE YEARS LATER