He had no memory of anything before the accident still, not even his own name but the one thing he knew was a face. The face that wouldn't stop haunting him. 

All he remembered was a face when he didn't even remember his own. 

He saw her everywhere imaginable. In his lecture halls, in the streets of Rio, in the crowd that gathered after his lectures, and most often, her face haunted him in his sleep. Almost every night, he woke up to her. 

He shook his head as the only name he remembered came back to him. As if the face wasn't enough, her name, at least that's what he named her for his sanity, was haunting too. 

Before the name rolled off his tongue, he broke away from the trance and patted his face with the towel, ready to leave before his thoughts could consume him, as they did every night.

"Dad -" he called out but stopped in his tracks as soon as he heard his father speak. Something made him close the door which connected the bathroom to his father's office and stay hidden behind it.

"Yes, Dave," his father said. "Thank you for all of it. I'll meet you in Seattle then?" his father asked on the phone.

Seattle.

Seattle is near Port Angeles, Roman's mind screamed at him.

"No, no. Loaning the ship was the best thing you could have done for me. Yes...no, definitely. You have no idea, Dave. Marcus Jonathan won't know what will hit him when he sees me in Seattle. I will destroy his home, just like he destroyed mine."

Marcus Jonathan. Marcus Jonathan. Jonathan.

Jonathan, said a voice in his head as he shivered against the door.

"I want to uproot them finally, especially before my son..." his father trailed, moving away from his table as Roman backed away. He left the bathroom in a hurry, running out to the gym. Up till tonight, he would act as if nothing was wrong but he knew what he needed to do.

More than ever before, he needed to go to Port Angeles now.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Mr. Carter, would you like anything else? Tea? Coffee?"

"No, thank you so much!" Roman told the air hostess who asked him.

He settled back on his seat, humming a tune of a new song he had discovered, diving into his thoughts.

He didn't want to betray his father, but when most of the men around the house left, it was easier to sneak away. Before his father arrived in Seattle, he had to know what that name and place meant to his past. 

He breathed out, as the pilot told them they were about to land.

He didn't like to defy his father, but then, he was Ryder Carter. His father had always told him to go with his gut feeling because the gang business was in his blood. 

He had trained without a single break since the day his father had told him that he would take over him, in order to please his father. 

"Seattle, hmm..." he hummed, looking around the airport as his passport was cleared by immigration. He couldn't believe it. His friend from Uni had actually got him a fake passport within a day. Guess he wasn't lying when he said he could do this easily. Thank god he had kept his phone number even after graduating early. 

As he stood on the airport, wondering how he would manage a cab till Port Angeles, someone tackled him with so much force that he almost fell against his bag. As he looked down, a girl was crying while wrapping his arms around her chest. For a minute, he remained frozen, unaware of the new way to greet someone.