Forgotten Memories

Not my original idea I just really like it. Calypso's POV

I was standing in a forest, wind billowing gently around me. In front of me was a boy. He seemed strangely familiar, as if I had known him for a long time. The boy started to turn toward me, but before I could see his face, I started falling.

I shot up in bed, eyes wide. It had happened again. The same dream I've had ever since I was 15. The mysterious boy in the forest, waiting for me. And every night the dream left me with the same longing feeling that something was missing from my life. I wasn't sure why. I was living my ideal life, planned out by my father. I had graduated high school and college with honors, was married to the heir of one of the most successful companies in the world, and was on track to becoming one of the best lawyers. So what was missing?

A rustling in the bed next to me distracted me from my thoughts.

"Same one?" Percy asked, sitting up.

"Yes." I answered. "And I still feel the same thing. I feel like something important is missing, but that doesn't make any sense, right? What could be missing?" I looked over, just to see him staring off.

"Ugh, are you even paying attention?" I asked, throwing my head back. "I know neither of us asked for this marriage, but-"

"No, no." He said. "It's just, I did some research after you mentioned this the last time. The human brain is incapable of making a face from scratch. All the faces that you see in your dreams are people you've come across in real life." He reached to his bedside table and grabbed a book, flipping it open to a bookmarked page. "Here." He passed the book to me. I looked at it.

At first glance it was just some words with a fancy picture, but what the words said made it a lot more interesting.

"Memory altering?" I asked, surprised that Percy believed in this stuff.

"Yes." he answered. "It says that the technology needed to alter someone's memory hasn't been invented, but if your memory did happen to get altered, you would most likely experience reoccurring dreams about the memory, but not be able to actually remember it.

I was shocked. "So you're saying someone altered my memory?"

"I'm saying it's a possibility. The world doesn't know anymore than we do, but if someone did make memory altering technology and kept it to themselves, then I think it's safe to assume they made it for some bad reasons."

"But why would someone want to alter my memory?" I asked.

"I don't know." He responded. "Maybe you stopped them from doing something, and this is their way of being able to do it without you getting in the way."

I shook myself from my state of shock. "Well then," I said, determined. "I guess we'll just have to figure out how to fix it."

This is just a short little au one shot. I got the idea from an Owl House comic short on YouTube. (The mysterious boy is Leo if you couldn't tell)

Anyway, I hope you liked it and feel free to leave a request for something you'd like to see.

Have a good day/night and be nice!