Nightmares and Lullabies

This takes place at the Waystation

"Calypso, I come bearing news about Leo Valdez."  Hermes had come to Ogygia to deliver news about a certain Latino. "What is it?" Calypso asked, curiously. She had been waiting months for a god to arrive to give her news about Leo. Hermes then Iris messaged Leo, but what Calypso saw was something she wasn't expecting at all.

It was Leo, kissing another girl? The girl had long black hair, and was wearing a mid-length  sleeveless dress. Leo was also dressed up nice, with a button up shirt and khaki colored slacks. He was smiling into the kiss, like he was really happy. Calypso started to tear up, she ran back to her cave and threw herself on her bed, cursing herself for believing he had actually loved her.

Calypso sat up in bed, tears still running down her face, the memories of the dream fresh in her mind. She tried to tell herself that it was just a dream, that Leo did love her. She ended up grabbing her blue sweater, slipping it on, and walking towards Leo's room. Luckily for her, he was awake, tinkering on some sort of machine.

"Leo?" "Hey Sunshine, what are you doing awake at this hour?" "I could ask you the same question Valdez," Calypso said, smirking. "I asked first, plus, I'm always awake at this time of night, your not, so...?" They sat on the bed together, Calypso snuggled into Leo's side as they talked. "I had a nightmare, I was still on Ogygia, and Hermes came and Iris messaged you, and you were kissing someone else, and the worst part was, you looked happy!" At this point Calypso was crying softly, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Oh Cal, I could never be happy kissing someone who isn't you, I love you. Always have, always will." Leo hugged her to his chest, and her crying reduced to sniffling. Then something completely unexpected happend, Leo started singing. 

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away, please don't take my sunshine away." 

Calypso looked up at Leo, he was smiling softly at her, a look of pure love on his face, and now she knew for sure, that that love was for her. Calypso soon drifted off to sleep while Leo continued singing. She was about to fall asleep when she felt Leo kiss her forehead and heard him say, "I love you Sunshine, so much."

That's it, kinda short but I think it was decent. This is a real lullaby, my mom used to sing it to me when I was little. See ya next time on Caleo Oneshots.