10

Once we get to the kingdoms entrance a man meets us and speaks to my uncle, we're then lead into a large community filled with people, crops, and large multi-story buildings.

"Well they certainly got the numbers." I say in awe, Michonne nodding in agreement next to me.

"But can they fight?" Rosita asks.

"Oh they can fight." My uncle says proudly.

  We gaze out looking at everyone working cohesively, admiring the large settlement before us. I glance back at Daryl who offers me a kind smile and I turn away blushing heavily. I adore this man, he's been through things, he's saved my life in more ways than one, he's a good man. Though the one I was shacked up with for weeks aka the father of my unborn child is the devil himself, I'm a terrible person by default. I look away dropping the warm expression, staring out with a hardened look realizing what I'd done.

"Morgan?" Tara says catching the attention of us all, everyone turning to greet a man I had not met before.

"How do you know each other?" The man clad in protective gear asks.

"We go back to the start." Rick says with a smile growing on his lips.

"Well the king is ready to see you." The man says and we all follow him to a building.

  When we get inside it looks like a theater, one that plays definitely took place. A dark man dressed like medieval royalty sits on a wooden throne with a... tiger?

"Jesus! It pleases me to see you old friend!" The man I'm assuming is the king announces.

"It pleases him indeed!" A heftier man says next to him.

"Jerry." The king scolds unamused.

"Tell me what news do you bring the good king Ezekiel, are these new allies you've brought me?" The king asks.

"Indeed they are your majesty, this is-" he stops when he sees the group behind us staring at the animal afraid. "Oh- right I forgot to mention that-"

"Yeah.. a tiger." Rick says alarmed.

  Like it heard him it starts roaring intimidatingly.

"This is Rick Grimes, the leader of Alexandria, and these are some of his people." My uncle says walking up with us in tow.

"I welcome you all to the kingdom, good travelers. Now what brings you to our fair land, why do you seek an audience with the king?" He asks.

"Ezekiel- king ... Ezekiel.. Alexandria, the hilltop, the kingdom, all three of our communities have something in common. We all serve the Saviors." Rick says and I can see the king is agitated that we know the kingdom is under there thumb as well.

"Alexandria already bought them once and we won. We thought we took out the threat but we didn't know then what we know now. We only beat one outpost, we've been told that you have a deal with them- that you know them. Then you know that they rule through violence and fear." Rick explains and the king looks betrayed my uncle told us.

"Your majesty, I only told them of the-" my uncle stars but is cut off.

"Our  deal with the saviors is not known amongst my people— for good cause." The king says looking at my uncle angrily. "We made you a party to that secret when you told us of the hilltops on travails. But, we did not expect you to share—" my uncle cuts him off

"We can help each other!" He pleads.

"Don't interrupt the king." Jerry says.

"We brought you into our confidence. Why did you break it?" The king asks lowly.