4

I wake up in the infirmary disoriented, fully expecting to still be with my captors. Rosita rushes to my side helping me sit up and I groan at the sudden pain in my thigh looking down to see I've changed clothes and my thighs stitched up tightly.

"Try not to stress the muscle out, too much movement will bust your stitches open." She says nervously looking at my leg.

"What the hell happened." I say my voice surprising myself coming off dry and hoarse.

"You passed out when they came to get you, Daryl brought you straight here." She says proudly.

"Where's Denise?" I ask looking around.

"Uh- you were out for a whole day... Denise went on a supply run and the Saviors killed her. I'm sorry." She says looking at me with eyes filled with sorrow.

"Okay, mind helping me up?" I ask avoiding the topic altogether.

"Emotions are a weakness, weakness leaves room for attack."

  His words echo in my mind as I force myself to stand with Rosita's help.

"Morgan made you a staff to help you walk, not many crutches laying around town nowadays." She jokes and I let out a forced laugh.

  She helps me limp to the front gates and I see Rick about to leave. I stop his entry to the rv with my staff standing there fuming.

"No." He says when he sees me.

"Yes, or I'll knock you on your ass and we both know you can't go out there weak." I say angrily.

"Natasha-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Rick. I'm coming." I say defiantly. He sighs rubbing his face in his hands and nods slowly.

"Alright. You listen to me. I'll feel safer if your riding with me any way, come on." He says waving me to the inside of the rv. I look at him skeptically not trusting he's letting me at first then try to climb in with his assistance at my hips. I wince silently at the pain in my thigh making my way to the seat with the table in the back.

"Woah you look like shit." I announce seeing Maggie laying down looking extremely pale. I notice her short hair and tilt my head at her.

"Is it the hair?" She asks laughing weakly.

"I love the hair, are you okay?" I ask.

"I will be." She says and I nod, touching her shoulder on my way past her.

  We start leaving, Aaron coming to check on her every once in a while as Abraham drives. Carls here, Sasha, Rick, we're heading to hilltop to get Maggie looked at hopefully. After a while the rv starts to slow confusing all of us.

"What?" Rick asks.

"Enemy close." Abraham responds. Rick walks up to see for himself. "We doing this?" He asks him.

"No." Rick says and everyone starts following him out of the rv. I hang back not wanting to walk on my leg if I don't have to but as soon as I hear shots firing I'll come out.

  After a while they come back inside and we take off for a different route.

"Why didn't you stay back and guard Alexandria?" Carl asks Aaron.

"I owe her. Why'd you come?" He asks.

"I owe them." He says firmly.

"Why did you come Tasha?" Aaron asks me pointedly.

"I'm gonna kill Negan for what he did to Denise. I want to be here when we you come across him because I have a bad feeling tonight's the night shit hits the fan." I say weakly. They both look at me like I'm crazy but I shrug their stares off and return my gas to the window overlooking the scenery.