8 | Glances & Frozen Foods

3rd person pov

Johnnie and Autumn made their way inside Target trying to find a good place to do Johnnie's intro. "What about the book section," Autumn asked, pointing to the small aisle. "Oh yeah imma look like a real intellectual," he said, in his Timmy voice.

"Johnnie, do you even know what that means?" Autumn jokes. "No, but I did sound smart," he said, holding one finger in the air. They walked over to the book section and he turned on the camera for Autumn.

Autumn took the camera from Johnnie as he fixed his hair in the reflection of his phone. Johnnie gave Autumn a little thumbs up letting her know that he was ready to start filming.

I immediately started recording letting Johnnie do his thing. "Today, I'm at Target and I'm going to be trying all their frozen foods because I'm a picky eater, and why not," he exclaims.

They start to make their way over to the freezers when Autumn spots the Halloween costumes down the candy aisle. "Wait Johnnie, let's go look at the Halloween costumes," she said, turning the camera down the aisle.

"Hell yeah," he buzzed, running down the aisle. "Omg, you know what you look like running like that?" she asks, smiling behind the camera. Johnnie turns his head really fast waiting for her answer, "What."

"Like one of those Roblox avatars," she laughed. Johnnie stared at her before gulping loudly and walking away to grab one of the costumes. "Oh holy shit, that shit was so loud," she laughed, following right behind Johnnie.

Johnnie grabs a baby pumpkin costume and takes it out of the bag. "Johnnie, what the hell are you doing? That won't fit you." Autumn giggled, watching him put on the headpiece. "Oh really? Wanna bet?" he asked, turning towards her.

"Yeah, actually I do."

Johnnie extended the baby costume looking at it believing he would fit. He put it over his head and tried to put an arm in it but instead, he just got tangled in it. He tried to get his arm out but he just couldn't.

"Uhm, you need a little help there?" Autumn asked, laughing. "No. I'm a big boy I can do it myself," he sassed back. Autumn watched as he struggled waiting for him to give in.

"Okay fine. You win." he huffed.

Autumn put the camera on the shelf making sure they were still in the shot while she helped him out the costume.

"See what I tell you," she said, almost like she was mothering him.

"To go harder and faster," he responded.

"Atta boy! That my little man," she said, pitching his cheeks which led the both of them to burst into laughter.

Autumn grabbed the camera as Johnnie continued to walk to the freezers. "Ooo look dino nuggets," he said, staring at them like a little iPad kid.

"Just grab them, Johnnie," Autumn jested. Johnnie swung open the freezer door grabbing the nuggets with his grippy little fingers.

They continued filming, getting all sorts of frozen meals and snacks before heading back to Johnnie's place.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

The car ride back was filled with lots of singing and laughter.

Autumn parked in the same spot she did when she picked up Johnnie. She popped the trunk open before getting out of the car. They both took an equal amount of bags because they didn't want to make 2 trips.

Johnnie balanced the 3 bags in hand before slamming the trunk closed. "Oops," he said, sounding apologetic. "You're good, don't worry about it," Autumn added before she locked the car.

Johnnie opened the door walking to the kitchen island and dropping all the bags there. Autumn did the same before flopping onto the couch. "That was a workout," Autumn jokes, swiping her arm across her forehead being dramatic.

Johnnie watched Autumn's every move so infatuated by her, smiling at himself. Autumn sat up feeling Johnnie's gaze on her, "What?" she questioned feeling her face get red.

"Nothing," Johnnie mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed that she caught him staring. Autumn got up helping Johnnie put the items away and some to defrost on the kitchen counter.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Johnnie went into the room to set up the camera while Autumn started to preheat the oven.

"Johnnie!" Autumn called out.

"Yeah?" Johnnie responded poking his head out of the door. "Where are your pans?" Autumn asked, pointing to the cabinets.

"The second cabinet to your left," he answered.

Autumn pulled out a long basking sheet placing it on the stove. Autumn greased the pan and started placing some of the foods individually. She set timers for each of the foods once they were in the oven. She started unwrapping the meals and throwing them into the microwave.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Johnnie's pov

After all the food was done I started to film the second part of the video. We brought all kinds of different foods which made me nervous. I eat like a 5 year old but content is content.

Autumn walked through the door handing me a bag. "What's this for?" I ask, holding it in the air. "Oh, it's for the food you want to spit out so you don't make a mess," she explains, smiling.

"Oh okay, thanks," I add, giving her a warm smile. She walked back out closing the door to go get some of food. I waited patiently spinning in my chair like a child.

She comes back a few seconds later with 2 small bowl plates of food. She handed me the plates and our hands grazed each other for a split second. I look up at Autumn watching her cheeks flush pink.

"Uhm, those are the dino nuggets and mac and cheese bites," she explained as she hurried out of the room.

I continued the video as she brought me more food every 5 minutes but all I could think about was our little interaction and how cute she looked when she was flustered.

***

986 words 

Chapter 8 done!! I know it's not much but it's the build up to the actual plot. I don't want to throw them together immediately because that super unrealistic, but anyways hope yall enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote so others can come across this book too!