4 | Things Go Wonderfully Right (or Horribly Wrong) pt.2

A/N: This chapter is a continuation of the last chapter since I cut it short. I hope you enjoy it!!

Johnnie's pov

I made my way back to the group stumbling a little. I hated being lightweight but my body just couldn't handle so much liquor. I love that it lets me loose and hyped. I just mope in the corners minding my business half of the time.

I started rambling about movies with his random guy. I'm sure he gave me his name I just can't seem to remember. I see Tara and her friend walking up to the group and I fix my posture and gulp down my drink.

I continued talking with the guy until Jake fully introduced her to us. I watched as everyone introduced themselves to her while I took a good look at her.

I was mesmerized.

She had smooth tan skin and hazel eyes that lit up when she spoke. She had long curly hair that ended right at her curves. She really was beautiful.

I stepped forward introducing myself, giving her my hand to shake, "Hey, I'm Johnnie." She took my hand in return, smiling at me as she spoke, "Hey."

I went to take a sip out of my cup and I remembered I downed it. As I was walking away, I decided to invite her with me and she accepted.

Squeezing through the people as we made our way towards the kitchen. "What do you want," I asked. "Surprise me." That was the worst possible answer she could've given me but I nodded. My eyes scattered the alcohol as I could barely think but my eyes landed on the 2-liter Coke.

Rum and Coke was all I could think of.

Honestly, that drink wasn't my favorite but it gets the job done. I made both our drinks but mine had less alcohol as I was already drunk. I passed her the drink grinning as I waited for a reaction to the drink. I could tell by the face she made that she didn't like it but tried to play it off.

"What is it?" she asked, taking another sip.

"Rum and Coke," I smiled. "This shit tastes like old people," she joked. I giggled at her joke before adding, "mm that's my favorite flavor," licking my lips.

We walked back as a Justin Beiber song came on and she practically gasped as she turned to me. "This is Tara's and I's song," she said, leaving me behind. I walked through the crowd hearing them yelling and dancing on each other.

She seemed really happy, almost like she had unleashed her inner child. It was actually really cute.

I continued to watch Autumn dance forgetting to even blink. Jake walked over to me making me lose focus on her. "God, Johnnie don't be a creep either," he laughed, putting his arm over me

God, was I really staring that hard?

"I'm not being a creep," I rolled my eyes. "Johnnie please, you're looking at her like she's your last meal," he added, making a kissy face at me. "Alright tone it," I said, pushing his face out of my face.

"Aw, Johnny's got a little crush. Go for it," he slurred, practically giggling. "Oh shut up," I laughed at him.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

We all got into the same Uber back to Autumn's house. We were all pretty drunk on our way back. I knew I was gonna be fucked up but not like this. I was practically falling asleep on the car door.

Thankfully the drive wasn't too long.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

We were all watching a movie on Autumn's couch before Tara jumped out of her seat. "Omg wait Johnnie I found your assistant slah editor," she beamed. "Oh, shit for real?" I asked confused as hell. "YEAH AUTUMN."

What there's no way I heard that right.

"Wait... what?" I asked, sitting up a bit. "It's almost PERFECT, see Autumn got fired today and you've been complaining about needing an assistant for months now," she yapped.

I stayed quiet thinking as my brain had thousands of thoughts all at once.

I heard Autumn's voice speak up before I could, "T, I don't know... I'm sure Johnnie can find someone better."

I mean I have nothing against her or really even know her to trust her with my job.

"Yeah and you're better, right Johnnie?" she sassed, making her bossy face. "Yeah.." I mumbled.

I was still in my train of thought when Autumn scooched closer to me. "Hey, uhm I know Tara put you on the spot like that but you don't have to hire me. You probably want someone you've known longer than just a few hours," she whispered.

Honestly, she seems super cool really what's the worst that can happen. Things can either go wonderfully right (or horribly wrong).

"Oh, no it's fine maybe she's right," I mumbled. "Are you sure? I'm not pressuring you at all, plus it's your job to decide who you want. You don't have to give me the job, I can always find a job somewhere else.." she rambled. I laughed at her rambled, "Yes I'm sure, as long as you know how to edit?"

"Yeah, I used to help Tara edit her videos before she got better at it."

"Uhm I don't know, those videos sucked..." I joked which led to a pillow getting thrown at me. "No they didn't. They were the best videos you have ever seen, " she sassed.

"I WAS JOKING," I exclaimed, laughing. "Yeah, you better be." she rolled her eyes at me before turning back to the movie.

"So does this mean she's hired?" Tara asked, grinning.

"Yeah," I responded, looking defeated.

"You can never resist Tarayummy when she's into her schemes," Jake laughed and sent me a wink.

Oh wow. This was their plan the whole time.

"That's true," Autumn agreed.

Yeah, and this is proof of that... I really hope I don't regret this decision.

***

978 words

I really hoped y'all liked this chapter. I really took my forever to get this chapter out because I started to lose motivation but Johnnie liked my comment the other day so... here we are. I literally screamed so loud but anyways I will try to update as much as I can. If there's any mistakes, feel free to let me know in the comments. Anyways hope you're having a good week!!