Jason's Coming Home

Sand and surf pushed him farther and farther away from the shore. His lightning blonde hair was slicked back onto his pale head by the saltwater. Gentle arms picked Jason up, taking him home. The gentle arms belonged to Piper McLean, Jason's ex-girlfriend. She was the one who had discovered Jason drifting off the coast of Santa Barbara, probably for days before she had brought him home. Not to Camp Jupiter, but to an old, abandoned house, rotting its days away far from the coast.

Jason's heartbeat was faint as he laid on a roll of fur skins. Piper looked uneasily at him, praying to all the Roman gods that he wasn't dead. She had little hope of him surviving without a doctor, but she had long since cut off contact with Camp Jupiter, after Jason had gone missing. They just didn't want anything to do with her. So here she stayed, in her little hideaway, until Camp Half-Blood called her in for missions. One of those said missions was to find Jason. Now that she had found him, she could take him to the camp.

Jason's eyelids fluttered open, to see Piper's beautiful dark brown hair, plaited with green ribbons and an eagle feather. He propped himself up with his forearms, trying to make sense of his surroundings. The world seemed fuzzier, but when he focused on Piper, it was like a sunray through fog. Jason felt as though he had died and came back to life, only to find that Elysium couldn't have been any better than this. Piper was sending an Iris-Message to camp half-blood, to let them know that her mission was complete.

"Piper?" Jason said, his voice sounding groggy. He almost didn't recognize her through the fog. She turned around quickly, startled. Her hand went to the blowgun on her hip, eyes widened. They went back to normal when she saw him, relaxing.

"You're awake." She sounded relieved that she didn't have to kill an intruder.

"How long was I out for?" Jason asked, rubbing his head. It was throbbing, like it had gotten hit on a few rocks while he was passed out.

"I... had no clue. The Trials have been over for several months now." Piper said, uneasy. "what's the last thing you remember?"

"A shitty boat and a shitty Emperor." Jason muttered, making her laugh. She went over to his side to check the bandages. Bandages in his side and around the back of his neck. They were no longer bleeding, but the bruises and scrapes around them felt tender.

"You were almost dead." Piper said as she checked his pulse. She wasn't an expert at this like that Will Solace at Camp Half-Blood, but she knew a few medical tricks.

"I felt like I was dead." Jason said, leaning his head back. He saw stars circling around in his vision, and a cold sweat crawled up and down his arms. The clothes he was wearing earlier were hanging up to dry, as they were soaked with saltwater and seafoam and sand.

"...Damn. Well, someone from Camp Half-Blood's coming to get you, so you can get healed properly." Piper told him, patting his shoulder gently. Jason and Piper's faces were so close together that he could easily see the wateriness of her eyes.

"Why can't we go to Camp Jupiter?" Jason asked. "Besides, it's closer than Camp Half-Blood."

"Well, uhm." Piper said, not knowing how to tell him. So she just didn't. "I already called Camp Half-Blood to come get you." she said evasively.

"Alright," Jason replied, laying back. He tried not to think about the next hours, especially since the people he knew and loved thought he was dead until this point.