Infirmary Help - Solangelo

It would've been an average day for Camp Half-Blood, if it weren't for the many campers making extended trips to the infirmary. Will Solace, the head healer of the camp, was becoming stressed out. Nico di Angelo appeared, almost as though he emerged from the shadows himself, to find his boyfriend clenching his fists.

"Nico, I swear to Apollo if you're hurt..." Will said, stress tinging the whites of his eyes with red streaks. Nico blinked slowly.

"I'm not. Er, do you need help?" The son of Hades asked. Will nodded frantically. Nico laughed. "Oh alright. But I'm not much of a healer, you know..." He added.

Will smiled sheepishly. "It doesn't matter at this point, Neeks. I just need to relieve some of my stress." The blonde told him, scratching the back of his neck.

"Alright. Tell me what to do, then." Nico replied. Because of his ineptness at healing, Will had the son of Hades do basic things, like fetching bandages and feeding the campers ambrosia and nectar, if their case was severe enough.

Nico pretty much proved his worth, in Will's eyes at least. "You were great today," The blonde told him, smiling, as he brushed some of the stray black hairs away from his boyfriend's face.

"Meh, I tried." Nico replied, shrugging his shoulders a bit. Will smiled his dazzling smile, which made Nico's heart momentarily skip a bit, as it always did when the son of Apollo smiled at him.

Unfortunately, the sweet moment was ruined by the infirmary's door being slammed open, followed by a younger camper being carried in on a stretcher. Moans escaped the girl's lips, as someone else was holding her hand, clutching it like a lifeline.

"Shit." Nico muttered. Will didn't notice him curse, though he would've smacked the son of Hades into the adjacent wall. The blonde boy already swept into master healer mode.

"What happened?" He asked the older girl, who was clutching the hand of the girl on the stretcher. His face transformed into that of seriousness, not of loveliness.

"Me and my girlfriend were doing archery practice, as usual, when this huge hellhound bounded out of the forest, right for us!" The girl said, pushing her braided black hair out of her face, as she looked down at the moaning girl. The latter must've been in severe agony.

Nico winced as he saw the heavy, dark, oppressing cloud over the stretcher girl's body. He already sensed the death closing in on her. Will finally took notice of him. "What's wrong?" He said, turning.

"Nothing, nothing." Nico lied. "Focus on your patient." Will solemnly nodded as Nico started to clear a medic bay for the girl. They hoisted her onto the bed, despite her protests. Nico could easily see the gaping hole where a small circle, possibly 3 inches in diameter, was carved out of her pants leg. Underneath...

"Damn..." Will muttered, placing a hand on the girl's calf, probing the deep wound. The girl screamed, her dark gray eyes flying open. Her blonde hair, which was in ponytails, pretty much came loose. "Nico, I'mma need you to hold her steady. Try to stabilize her conditions." Will said. That made almost no sense to Nico, but he was ordered, so... The girl's girlfriend was still clutching her hand.

Nico didn't tell anybody, but the cloud was getting larger by the minute. Will left to get bandages and ambrosia, while Nico, near tears from his ineptness in healing, tried to reassure the girls.

Will came back, a glass jar full of ambrosia squares in his arms, plus bandages. His brow furrowed as he saw that the daughter of Athena's condition was worsening.

Nico was almost afraid that his boyfriend was going to yell at him, but all Will said was, "Hold her steady." Nico grabbed onto the girl's left leg, the uninjured one, and grasped her arm. Will carefully fed the girl a bit of ambrosia, pressed his fingers gently at the girl's calf, and sank a hymn in ancient Greek to his father, Apollo, god of healing. The gaping wounded knitted close. Will grabbed some healing ointment, gently slathered it onto the wound, and wrapped bandages around it. He was now sweating, but the girl's condition finally stabilized enough for her to rest.

"Thanks for helping me today, Neeks." Will murmured, collapsing into the son of Hades' arms from the exhaustion. Nico held him steady.

"It was my pleasure," He whispered. "Try to get some rest now, and food." He glanced over at the blonde girl, whose hulking African American girlfriend was still keeping watch over her sleeping form.

Nico was almost pleased to see that the dark cloud of Death was gone.

But that was when Will passed out, still in Nico's arms, snoring his head off. Nico sighed and placed his boyfriend onto one of the empty medic bays. "Sweet dreams, Will." He whispered, kissing the blonde boy's forehead.

Nico also needed rest, because the day was tiring for him, too.