Chapter 5

Author's Pov :

One week later.......

After that incident, everyone was very protective towards both sisters, but especially towards Srishti. They didn't let her go anywhere alone. Whenever she wanted to go outside for anything, her uncle used to follow her everywhere.

He was not doing this because it was his duty. He was doing this because she was like his own daughter. After her parents and her sister, her uncle was the most important and loving person in her life.

She took a vow to protect herself and her loved ones that day itself. She may act normal in front of her family and in front of her uncle, but deep down, that incident became a trauma in her life.
But she wanted to get rid of this trauma, but it's not that easy for her. The memories of that incident always flashed in her mind whenever she tried to sleep.

It was really hard for her to get rid of those memories. She actually first decided to change the city and change the college. But she dropped that plan, knowing it would not help her, but it would only make worse for her. 

Today, she was just lying on the bed looking at the ceiling, thinking what to do ? She has to overcome this fear, but she doesn't know how ?

As it was already 9:30 pm. Her mother called her for dinner. She was in no mood to have dinner because today it was family dinner as in Rakshit, and his family would also be there. But the thought appeared in her mind that she was only angry on Rakshit, not on his family.  Still, she was not ready to go. But as she didn't want to disappoint her family, she went downstairs to have dinner with everyone.

When she came downstairs, she didn't find Rakshit there. His parents were there, and his brother was also there. But he was nowhere to be found. She thought maybe he had something to do, so that's why he was not there. But soon she realised that it was none of her business and then shrugged the thought of him. She even thought that maybe he was avoiding her because of the deeds he had done.

Koushik smiled at her, then guestured her to sit on the sofa. She also returned the smile which he gave her and sat next to him. Soon, her father also came he sat opposite to them, and they started the conversation. They asked her if she is okay or not ? Or if anything is bothering her ?
She chose to tell them the truth that nothing is bothering her, and she is okay.

Soon Anika and Maitri came there and told them that dinner is ready. They all went to have dinner. She didn't ask them about Rakshit, nor did they tell her about him.

She told her parents that she wanted to change the city and college. But she also told them that after changing the city and college, it would not help her, but it would just make it worse for her.
They have to think and find a way to overcome this incident for her. Her parents felt a pang of hurt and guilt after listening to her words.
They all nodded at her and assured her that they would think about some way to get rid of it. She doesn't have to worry about it.

Suddenly, she remembered something, and she decided to tell this to everyone. The moment she spoke those words, everyone stopped eating. The smile on their faces faded away. Worry took over them, and shock was evident on their faces.
They all thought that she was just joking. They all hoped that she was not serious about that decision. But the truth was she is actually serious about her decision.

She declared that
"Mom, Dad, i was actually thinking of joining the prestigious and famous college in London for studies. I don't think i can focus on anything if i stay here."

Srishti's Pov :