Prologue - The inside story of the novel

Start from the beginning

Called to the stage, Kim Suho approached with a stiffened face, as if nervous.

"In 1st place in the 1st year of cadets, Kim Suho." The woman announced.

The world of the novel I was reading was happening right before my eyes.

We were in a huge auditorium that looked more like a temple. There were around 3,000 cadets and thousands of spectators. Their gazes turned to one person, Kim Suho.

"He's Kim Suho? Wow."

"He's so handsome ~"

Several women watched in admiration and adoration.

"... That's why people say that the gift is all that matters. Who cares if you try hard? People like him end up in first place anyway."

"That guy must have been lucky with his gift."

And naturally, as he's the main character, he's received the envy and jealousy of young teenagers.

"His grades are considered to be the highest in the last 10 years."

"Yes, I've heard of him. His gift was announced too, right? What was the name again?... Holy Sword?

The eyes of the Guild associates, who had come to watch the graduation of the best cadets in recent history, sparkled.

They were looking down from the highest seats in the auditorium. However, I could hear their voices. They had to be at least a kilometer away, but as long as I looked at them, I could clearly hear their words.

Not just their words, but I could also see their faces, almost as if I were right in front of them.

My eyesight and hearing on earth were above average, but this is clearly something ridiculous.

The only explanation I could think of at the moment was that maybe this was my "gift".

"Yes, as far as swords are concerned, he is said to have received World Protection."

"Hm... That's a pretty vague description, but I think all the information from the academy is like that."

"We've invested a lot of money in that boy, so don't touch him."

I recognized one of the whispering faces.

Yun Seung-Ah. An important assistant to the main character and one of the heroines who almost became his girlfriend. Just when the two were hitting it off - in fact, when the main character was dating many of the heroines - the novel was suspended out of the blue. As a result, the two never had a more serious relationship.

I really couldn't understand the author's mindset with this novel.

It wasn't an extraordinary novel or anything, in fact, it was quite disappointing in many ways, but I kept reading it in spare time when I didn't have anything better to read.

With all that said, the novel wasn't even finished, a knowledge I really wish I had at my disposal right now.

"Investment? When it comes to cadets of this level, there's no such thing as giving preference to anyone."

At the insensitive words of another Guild associate, Yun Seung-Ah smiled sweetly and rebutted.

"Is that why the 'Essence of the Strait' guild won't leave the vice leadership?"

Yun Seung-Ah was quite beautiful. Korean women were not so different from Japanese women. Both displayed a subtle elegance, as if they were hiding an inner fire under a layer of ice. It was an intriguing quality that was hard to ignore. However, while Korean women often seemed warmer and more expressive, Japanese women often maintained a more reserved composure, revealing just enough to maintain the mystery.