When Neferus first asked I wasn't completely honest, I had seen each of you with my unknown sight. I knew that you would be what the Main World would need to thrive. I don't expect you to choose one leader in my place, instead having Gryff and Lysabel be the leading authority, just as it has been like for so long. I hope you'll use the resources I left you to learn enderian and help the endermen as much as possible. Oriton is the leader of them and he speaks the language of the players and can help you learn, Jean can as well as she speaks it too.

You should know that I would be in a better place, one where I am no longer the 1000-year-old watcher-admin hybrid which broke the rules of this world of ours. I'm hoping that as you are reading this I've found Rene again as it has been so long since I've seen her. Maybe I'll even be able to see colours again, it has been so long. Stay strong, you've got two families who will always be there for you and even if I'm no longer standing beside you, I will be with you for each challenge you may yet face. Xelqua Grian ⨅ᒷꖎ╎⎓ᒷ ̇/ Carolus, be the watcher I know you are. I don't need to see the future to know that you will continue to do great things.

Astaria

Tears stained the letter as Xelqua read to the end. He hadn't even apologised when Astaria would have written the letter, he only just said sorry and he regretted being angry at her. He could have spent that time feeling uneasy spending time with her. He spent the next couple of minutes sitting in silence as the tears slowly fell down his face. When he wiped them he looked again at the pile of stuff again. There were books that he guessed were filled with translations of galactic to enderian that she set aside to help him learn. He saw recording devices as well and clicked play on one of them, Astaria's voice came out, "Welcome Xelqua, or others who may be wanting to learn enderian, here are the first recordings to practise understanding spoken enderian or practising pronunciation. First up-"

Xelqua stopped it there, holding it close, he was glad that she made the recordings so he could hear her voice again. He considered trying to find Oriton and Jean then but he finally realised the plentiful vibrations that were coming from his communicator. There were many messages from both his private messages with each council member as well as the group chat they all shared. He knew he had to go back, they had a public to address, but he savoured a few more moments before he exited. He made sure that he had the coordinates remembered before he entered his super speed form again, this time on purpose.

It didn't take him long to get back to ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ, where all the council members were waiting for him. He could see they had their own tear-stained faces, they may not have known the face behind the mask for as long as he did but they had all been brought into the family they had now by Astaria and they had each known the High Leader for a long time. He could tell that Lysabel and Gryff, who had known Astaria the longest, were trying to stay strong, but the grief was still visible in their eyes. Without saying a word Zyrex came to hug Xelqua. Blaze then joined Via not far behind her twin, Cirrus coming soon after. Soon all the council members were sharing one giant hug, tears once again falling from their eyes and they stayed there enjoying each other's presence. They were a family, a family who had lost someone close to all of them, and even though they were the leaders of the Main World they needed to grieve as well.

Lysabel was the first to leave the hug, drying the tears from her eyes, "We- we need to make an address to everyone. Let them know the battle is over and- and that Astaria is... gone," she said, her voice waning at the end.

Gryff spoke next, his voice also waning, "We should all do it. To show- that we are still staying strong so they all feel better,"

The rest of the council just nodded and dried their tears the best they could. As Lysabel and Gryff got ready to broadcast the rest split into their two smaller groups. Cirrus came over to where Xelqua was and punched him in the shoulder, with more force than Xelqua would have expected from the normally peaceful admin. "Don't do that again," he said, "At least not without telling us where you're going you idiot,"

The five of them then shared another hug. They stayed that way until Gryff said, "It's time,"

Xelqua had his mask in his pocket, he pulled it out and looked at it. He had kept his being a council member a secret from those outside of the council for so long, but now the hermits knew. He had other friends who didn't know but he felt he didn't need to keep that secret anymore so that he could show his face. Maybe it would mean that he would be stopped in the street, but he also knew that the other council members didn't have it happen often and when it did they found a resolution quickly. It was time for him to stop hiding, he was ready to show his face. He walked over to where the other council members were, his mask back in his pocket. Zyrex said, "Don't forget about your mask,"

"I don't think I need it anymore," Xelqua said.

The other watchers of the council who were wearing their masks took them off as well, everyone would now know the true faces of all of the council members.

The broadcast started and they were all standing together, everyone could see they had been crying, their eyes were red. The hermits were glad to see that Xelqua was okay, and Xisuma was glad to see his brother was too. Many couldn't help but notice the absence of the High Leader. "The battle is over, thank you to all of you who played a part in helping us win this fight, including the endermen and The Ender Dragon. Thank you, we couldn't have done it without you all," Gryff said first.

A wave of relief came across all who were watching, but some thought more about the High Leader's absence and had their own guesses of where she was. "But for the firsts to be defeated Astaria, our High Leader, had to sacrifice her life," Lysabel said, her voice wavering.

Some had already guessed that this was the case, others were shocked by the revelation. Most of them had also thought of their High Leader as someone who was the strongest among them, someone who seemed like she would never die. Xelqua then realised that he probably should have told them about what Astaria said in her letter about not having a singular leader, but having the two being co-leaders together. "We'll start the rebuilding process soon, but first we'll have a day of mourning. So many lives were lost in the battle," Lysabel said.

"We'll give you another update tomorrow as more becomes clear," Gryff said, and with that, Lysabel ended the broadcast.

"What do we do now?" Via asked, "Do we elect a new High Leader?"

With that question the council turned towards Lysabel and Gryff and the two looked at each other, they didn't know what to say. Neither of them had been prepared for anything like this to happen, and honestly, both of them didn't want to be The High Leader. It was then that Xelqua pulled out the letter that Astaria gave him, "Astaria left me a letter. She never wanted us to choose one leader, instead have both of you lead. The council is still half watchers and half admins with just the twelve of us," he said looking around the others.

"I guess that solves that then," Zyrex said.

"Tonight we mourn all of those we have," Xelqua said, "Tomorrow we start a new age,".

WC~ 2282

A/N: Longest chapter yet! Even though this may seem like the ending there are two chapters left (the epilogue and next week's chapter).