chapter twenty

Slowly opening your eyes, you furrowed your brows. "Is it lunchtime?" you muttered. After breakfast, you cleaned Izana's room and the library to pass the time, but you ended up overworking yourself. You were so exhausted from all the cleaning that you fell asleep as soon as you lay down in bed.

As your sight slowly adjusted to the light, your eyes caught a familiar figure sitting on the edge of your bed. "Humans really are fragile beings, huh? Just a little work and your bodies are quickly tired," he said in a smug tone.

"Why—why are you here?" You asked as you quickly sat on your bed. "Haven't you heard of privacy? Why are you going in and out of my room as you please?"

"It's my mansion."

"So? That doesn't give you the right to just go inside my room without knocking! What if I'm changing?"

"Why are you so flustered? Did I interrupt something? Are you perhaps dreaming about me?"

You scoffed loudly. "I'd rather dream about flying pigs eating rainbows than dream about you."

"Hmm..." Izana hummed, reaching for your face. You jolted, shifting back slightly to avoid him, but it's too late. He has already removed the hair glued to your lips by your dried saliva.

You immediately felt embarrassed upon realizing what happened and quickly turning back to wipe the sides of your lips with the back of your hand. "Do—do you need something? Tea? Coffee? Snack?" you asked in panic.

"The person that you're talking to is right here."

"I am asking what you want."

"Face me, then we'll talk."

Letting out a faint groan of annoyance, you faced the white-haired vampire, "What do you want?"

Izana scanned your face from head to toe. You're wearing a worn-out tank top, which shows a generous amount of your chest, but not too much to look sensual, and old jean shorts. Since you moved in with Izana, you've only had a few pieces of clothing. Most of them were given to you by Kakucho.

You became self-conscious and adjusted your top slightly while averting your gaze. You know that you looked like shit, far from how you looked before you met the white-haired vampire. Before, you used to dress up and enjoy matching clothes, but now you don't even care about your appearance.

"Get ready, we're going out."

"Out? As in out of this mansion?"

Izana sighed. "I already told you that you're going to escort me to all my business parties, and we're attending one tomorrow, so we need to buy you dresses."

"Oh,"

"Ten minutes, y/n," Izana said as he stood up from the bed.

"What? But I need to..."

"Ten minutes. I don't like waiting," he said, leaving you with your jaws dropped.

"He's freaking unbelievable," you mumbled.

•••

It's a quiet ride. Izana didn't utter a word, and you didn't want to start a conversation, so you just watched the scenery through the window. This is your first time going out since you returned to the mansion, and everything feels different. It's only been a few months, but you feel like the world is moving forward without you.

What are the latest news? The latest songs? What movies are trending right now? Has my favorite clothing brand released a new collection? How much don't I know about the world now? You thought, and suddenly you felt sad. You can roam freely inside the mansion, do whatever you want, but you still feel trapped.