chapter nine

CW: smut-ish hehe (¬‿¬)

Three days have passed since you last saw Izana and you're relieved that he hasn't been around

Three days have passed since you last saw Izana and you're relieved that he hasn't been around. Surprisingly, he kept his promise to give you a bit of freedom to roam around the mansion except for his study room. So to ease your boredom, you've been helping Kakucho in the kitchen every morning.

This time, you wanted to plan perfectly before escaping the place. The past five attempts were all failed because you weren't prepared, so you thought that if you get to know more about the enemy, you'll find something that could help you escape... hopefully.

Between the two, Kakucho feels more like a human than Izana. Though, he is still involved in the killings which they call their business—he is more compassionate and caring than the other vampire. That's why you feel more comfortable around him.

"Eh? You started without me?" You ask as you approach Kakucho who's busy cutting vegetables.

The young lad looked back and greeted you with a smile. "Good morning, y/n."

"Good morning, Kakucho," you said as you tied your hair up in a ponytail. "What's for breakfast? What can I help?"

"Omelette, bacon, and fried rice. You can start by cracking some eggs."

"Oh! That sounds good. Now I'm hungry!" You said, chuckling, and picked up some eggs. "You know, I thought vampires only drink blood to survive."

Kakucho gives a sidelong glance before he replies. "Our primary source of strength is blood, but we still need solid food to get by."

"I see... Movies and novels really did you guys dirty, eh? They all depict you as a powerful monster that kills people and is always hungry for blood." you paused. "Though you're indeed killing people."

"Yeah, but we only kill those who are guilty of a heinous crime. At least that's what our record says. Izana is the only one who decides what job that we will accept," Kakucho replied.

"You don't kill innocent people?"

"As far as I can remember, no."

"Then why am I here? Why Izana is mentally torturing me? I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't steal, kill, or do anything bad."

Kakucho only shrugged his shoulders in response. A wave of rage suddenly ran through your veins, so you clutched your fist, trying to control your emotions. This is not enough, I need more information.

"Uhm... Aren't you going to get weak if you limit your blood consumption?"

"We don't limit our blood consumptions. We manage it well."

"Where are you guys getting the blood supply? Is it from the people that you killed?"

"Yeah. I store their blood for later, but I'm not a fan... old blood tastes bad, but it's better than nothing. I can't just go on a killing spree because believe it or not, we vampires only want to exist peacefully."