Doomed

Corlys fell to his knees as he watched his grandson fly away intent on fighting the abomination dragon himself. For the first time since he had been here, tears fell freely from his eyes as he knew he wouldn't be seeing him again. He was an old man he should be the one fighting, not Jace, not his grandson; for a while Corlys did not know what to do, he clenched his fists as he heard the roars of two dragons. He wasn't a stupid man, he knew there was no helping Jace now and he just needed to hope the gods were protecting him, what he could do was try and get Daella out of Valyria as the way would be clear of dragons at least for the moment.

He knew that Jace would've wanted Daella to survive, to go onwards and live. Corlys fell over as he saw two shadows dancing in the air, he saw Jace's dragon flying in between the towers while the large dragon followed, he panicked when he couldn't see Jace on Vermax's back. A terrible pain pierced his heart at the thought Jace had died, he had felt this pain numerous times since he had come here, he just wanted Jace to be back home and safe where a child should be.

'I'll get her home, Jace,' Corlys promised as he started making his way back to the tower.

———————————————————-

*SCREECH*
*BOOM*

Lava and molten rocks were still flying up into the sky and falling back down making flying incredibly difficult for Jace and the rest of the dragonriders. Jace had never felt so happy or relieved when he saw the dragons of his aunt and uncle riding towards him. Seeing the massive form of Vhagar and the aggressive Caraxes had inspired hope in him, and lit a fire of vengeance that could only be quenched with Valar's blood. There was no way that Daemon or Laena would be able to hear him at this moment or listen to what he wanted to do so he would just have to hope that they followed his lead.

He turned Vermax straight to the giant Firewyrm and urged him forward, dodging debris and tentacles as he did. He knew where Valar would be, he could feel him, he could feel the anger and desperation that was coming from him, for the first time in a while a smile formed on Jace's lips. He would make the last two hundred years of pain and suffering mean nothing, he'll end the curse on this place and kill Valar.

Daemon watched as his nephew flew towards the Firewyrm instead of away and was woefully reminded of himself. With a silent curse, he urged Caraxes onwards, but before he followed he sent a signal to Laena; Vhagar was too big to avoid the bigger molten rocks that were falling so she'd need to find another way to get close, she nodded and turned Vhagar away. Vermax unleashed a torrent of flames burning through a bundle of tentacles that were shot towards him, he banked left to avoid a shower of rocks and pulled up to avoid an especially big one.

When Jace looked at the Firewyrm before him he could tell that it was still waking up, it had been asleep hundreds of years before even Valar was alive. It probably still slept when the Valyrians were nothing but sheep farmers who discovered the first dragons in these pits of fire.

*You are mine*

*My flesh made anew*

*Give yourself to me and I will let your friends go*

*Give yourself to me and I will let Daella live freely*

He heard the voice of Valar echo through his head. He had to admit that the offer was tempting, tempting enough to accept right away; Jace didn't deserve to live, the fact he was alive while so many others had died was an injustice. He brought them here so it should be him who pays with his life 'I-I...' but as he went to accept such an offer a rush of hatred and rage went through his heart.

'I won't let the people who have died here for me die in vain, I will kill you right now and let their spirits rest easy,' Jace replied, though quickly afterwards he realised he was talking to Valar with nothing but his mind in a similar way to what he had done. Something that surprised both him and Valar, but it didn't stop Valar from feeling a large amount of rage towards Jace.