Neighbors (part two)

Here is the part two!!

You walked to the table, and placed the two dishes on the customers' table.

"Enjoy!" You smiled at the couple and walked back to the kitchen.

"What time do you leave today?" Alex asked, you put on your apron and went to the sink with dirty dishes.

"At 11 p.m." You stated as you washed the dirty dishes, she scowled and placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Serious? Overtime again?" She asked, you stopped washing the dishes and dried your hands on the clean cloth and looked at her.

"It's not easy to support yourself, Alex. You have your parents to help you, I have no one, you know." You said and looked at the 20 year old girl.

"You never got any help from your father? He never called you or anything, even after all these years?" She asked, you snorted sarcastically.

"He doesn't care about me, Ale. I'm 32 years old, I don't need it anymore. In fact, I haven't needed it since I was 6 and learned to make my own food so I wouldn't starve." You said nonchalantly, Ale had a sad look on your face.

"I'm sorry you had that kind of childhood, I wish I was there for you." You smiled at the girl's genuine words.

"You weren't even born." You stated, smiling up at her. "After all, you are still a child!" You provoked her.

"Stop! I thought you'd stop treating me like I was a teenager when I turned 20, but apparently you won't." Alex snorted and you laughed.

Your boss entered the kitchen, and you quickly fell silent and pretended to be busy so as not to serve customers — since that was probably what your boss came to call one of you to do.

You continued washing the dishes silently, he went to where Alex was and watched what she was doing.

"You. There are customers, go and serve them!" You looked at him to see if he was talking to you and unfortunately for you — or luck — it was you he was talking to.

He walked out of the kitchen, and you huffed at Alex.

She forced a smile to motivate you. Serving customers was always the worst part of her job, they were always rude and felt the reason to humiliate you just because they were paying.

Working in New York is like that, at least in the fancy restaurant you work in, you've gotten used to the rudeness and complaints you receive for no reason at all.

You sighed and took off your apron, you looked over to the tables to look for anyone who wasn't already eating or had the menu.

It was then that he noticed that there was a person at table 13, the girl had her back turned.

You walked up to the counter and picked up the menu.

You walked up to the table and started your usual speech.

"Good evening, welcome to our restaurant. I'm Y/n and I'm the one who will assist you today. I'll leave the menu with you and whenever you want-" You stopped speaking in shock when you realized who it was.

It was Taylor Swift.

The same Taylor Swift you knew years ago. The same one that has become a phenomenon today, the same one you no longer knew.

She also had no reaction, which made you question whether she had recognized you, especially since she had been there for over 20 years.

"Y/n? Is that really you?" She asked, you dropped the menu and the words stuck in her throat.