ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

"We were about to fuck, do you want to join?"

Neith growls at Nayzak in disgust and anger, feeling the upcoming fight.

"I will just take my leave, so you both can sort out your problems" you say nervously.

You hastily leave the bathroom, feeling relieved to have escaped the impending conflict between Neith and Nayzek.

Stepping outside, you take a deep breath, trying to calm your nerves.

As you make your way back to the party, you can't help but notice that Sterling is nowhere to be found.

Your heart sinks, trying to find him.

You hurry to the punch bowl, hoping to find him before it's too late.

As you fill up your cup, you spot Sterling standing across the room, chatting with a group of vampires.

You approach him, feeling a mix of relief He greets you with a warm smile, seemingly unaware of your ordeal in the bathroom.

While enjoying the rest of the party with Sterling, you can't help but wonder if the faerie was right about him after all.

But once again, Nayzak is a fearie and fearies are known for being mischievous.

"What is occupying your mind?" Sterling inquires as both of you walk out of the party.

"Lots of things, but mainly I enjoyed my time with you"

Sterling smiles warmly at you, his fangs showing in process but that didn't frighten you.

"Would you like me to give you a ride?"

You frown in confusion at the question before his wings suddenly appear on his back, ripping through the suit jacket.

They look exactly like bat wings.

"Oh my God, they are so pretty" you exclaim, touching his right wing as if to examine it.

"So I take that as a yes"

You pull back and smile at him.

"It would be fun to fly with you"

°°°

You puked up everything in your stomach
as soon as you got home.

It seems that flying with a vampire in the freezing weather is anything but enjoyable.

Of course you got sick, and your mother decided to call the academy to give you three days off.

You expected those three days to be peaceful with only December visiting you.

However, December didn't visit nor call you, which worried you.

His mother claimed he was preoccupied with his studies when you made a call to see how he was doing.

It became clear to you that he didn't want to talk to you after hearing such an excuse from his mother.

Heartbroken, you waited for his call or visit but he never called nor visited.

And Sterling also disappeared but for good reason, it's feeding season.

They have to receive blood rather than killing animals or drinking from blood banks.

Or volunteering humans.

However, you didn't expect to have the siren prince, Struan to visit you.

You wished to kick him out especially after remembering that he tried to bite in the festival last time.

Yet your mother will ground you if you do that because she would consider it ill manners.

"I came to apologize"

Struan declares after entering your room and taking a seat on the edge of your bed, looking down in shame.

"Why did you want to mark me?"

"I was overtaken by the darkness within me," Struan responds, with his gaze fixed on his hands.

"I have a dark past, and sometimes it manifests itself in my behaviour." He finishes before his glassy purple eyes meets yours.

"So sad, I feel sorry"

"So do you accept my apology"

You lean forward with a smile and answer his question, placing your hand on his cheek.

"Not before you could go and seek a therapist"

Struan grins at you, causing a sudden enchanting feeling of attraction towards him.

His eyes darken, with a completely different voice,

The prince is using his siren voice on you.

"I truly tried to be a nice guy, but from now on, I will fully be myself"

His hand grasps your hand that lays on his cheek.

"When Sirens get rejected by their human prey, they don't only murder them, they also..."

Struan making a devouring slurping sound in a threateningly way.

"...to become a part of them"

"You have lost your mind" you mutter.

"How come when those are simply the laws of Mother Nature"

Struan then falls on his back on your bed before dragging you on top of him.

"I wonder what will happen if a human carries a Siren's eggs?"