⋪ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ⋫

As you hold December's hand while and after the doctor wraps up his bandages, you feel a mix of relief and worry.

His broken arm was the last thing you wanted to see after a long competition, but the fact that he's fine now calms your nerves a little.

Despite the stressful situation, December's positive attitude remains unchanged.

"The competition may have not gone as planned, but the best thing I got out of it was holding your hand," your best friend reassures you with a smile.

As he holds onto your hand tighter, you try to pull it away, but he refuses to let go.

"I mean it. Don't let go," December insists.

You feel your face heat up at his bold flirtatious move, but he chuckles to himself before shaking his head in amusement.

"The fall affected your head" You tease, and he can't help but laugh at your joke. As you calm down and relax, the weight of your feelings comes to the surface.

"This experience has made me realize something," he began.

You look at him curiously, waiting for him to continue.

"My true feelings for you," he says with a blush, you finally letting go of his hand.

He looks at you in surprise, then breaks into a full-blown smile.

December raises an eyebrow, a mocking expression on his face. "I'm guessing you don't love me in that way."

Your expression grows serious as you reply, "No, I actually do like you in that way."

December's eyes widen in surprise at your confession, which he had not been expecting.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've kind of had a crush on you since we were in middle school, but I was too afraid to tell you and risk ruining our friendship."

After you finish explaining, December leans against your embrace and places his free hand around your waist, pulling you closer to him.

"Yeah, I've kind of had a crush on you since we were in middle school, but I was too afraid to tell you and risk ruining our friendship."

After you finish explaining, December leans against your embrace and places his free hand around your waist, pulling you closer to him. As he leans in towards you, his breath caresses your lips.

"You don't know how much I have been waiting to hear this," December admits softly, his eyes locked on yours.

You feel your heart skip a beat as you lean in, your lips just inches away from his.

But before your lips could meet his, the familiar face of your cousin Briar comes into view, forcing you to quickly pull away.

"Hopefully, I haven't intruded on both of you, dear cousin"

Briar says, attempting to hide his disapproving expression behind a fake wide smile.

"Well-" you answer before December could do so.

"Yes" you reply.

December notices how tense you have become around the human prince.

Briar laughs it off as if you were joking.

"You have a good sense of humor"

"And I'm sure you also have good manners to accept joining me for a picnic like the old times"

You smile, trying not to seem rude with what you are going to say.

"I would love to, but December needs me by his side" you assert, making the said boy smirk.

Meanwhile, Briar only keeps the same cheerful expression.

The prince stares at Briar from head to toe with a gaze of disgust.

"Unfortunately, you still have a bad taste in boys, (Y/n)"