⋪ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ⋫

Sitting beside Neith is the worst experience you are going through right now, you can't even cheer for your best friend.

You don't know how he got the courage to sit beside you on the benches after burning your face even though he meant to hurt December instead of you.

"You know cheering for someone other than your mate is a crime" the dragon boy mocks you.

"Humans only have human soulmates, I think you are mistaken with your assumption"

You say as you keep your eyes fixed on the horse race match hoping that your best friend wins.  

"I do not care for some silly racist laws" 

You bit your bottom lip in anger,  remembering that Neith got away with hurting December because he is the principal's son.

"Well, I follow those laws and I'm not ready to break them for anyone especially you"

The minute those words escape your lips,  Neith's expression turns into a cold one, as you feel his body heat up from beside you from anger.

"You are a lier,  December is not your soulmate,  and if you continue lying"

Neith leans towards your right ear and whispers the following words.

"I will kill him"

Your breath hitches at the threat,  but instead of getting afraid,  you sneer back at him.

"Touch him and I will show you no mercy"

"What can a meek human like you do to me, weep at me" he once again mocks you.

But someone decides to interfere and put him in his place.

"Hello"

Your eyes widen in shock as you see the crown prince of humans taking a seat beside you.

"Prince Briar,  what brings you here?" you inquire, standing up and curtsying in respect.

"Prince Briar? Why the formalities,  cousin?"

You nod at the light-haired brown boy,  not knowing what to say to him.

Even though he is your mother's step-cousin, you two had lots of playdates together.

Yet, you are always nervous around him due to his bizarre personality.

"I apologize,  it has been a long time since I last saw you"

Neith watches the interaction with annoyance and decides to cut in.

"Who would have thought the human prince would be attending such a festival"

The said prince smirks and looks at Neith with evil intent in his eyes.

"You know,  I have been always against the idea of mystics and humans attending the same school,  but after seeing you... "

Briar looks up and down at the dragon boy with satire.

"... I'm now assured that it is dangerous for humans" Neith laughs in disbelief at the comment.

"Why?  Is it because humans are weaklings"

Briar chuckles,  his smirk not flattering at all,  only widening in happiness.

"You do forget the battle where my grandfather slain your kind and the palace is still decorated with the dragon skin of your people-"

"December!"

You let out a loud gasp,  cutting off your cousin as you rush down the benches to get to your now-injured best friend.

December falls off the horse after another horse collided with his own.

"What an enjoyable view" Briar hums in satisfaction.

Neith raises an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Did you have something to do with that?"

Briar only titles his head in fake confusion before answering.

"Maybe"

A/n:  Briar is a platonic yandere + Asexual and Aroace