⋪ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ⋫

The whole dance went nice and smoothly with Sterling who was nothing but a gentleman with you.

Who thought that a vampire would treat a human with such kindness?

Guess, Sterling is a good vampire.

You finish your dance with Sterling, feeling grateful for his companionship during the event.

As you walk to the punch bowl to refresh your glass and also get a drink for Sterling.

You overhear a conversation between Genevieve and December, who appear to be arguing.

Shamelessly moving closer to catch their conversation, just curious about the reason for their argument.

Yes, it is rude and wrong to eavesdrop, but when it comes to December you don't care.

"If you see me so annoying, why did you ask me to be your companion to this party?"

"Because, I needed a mystic as a date and you fit the role well...but guess you have a vile personality"

"Why? because I called you out about speaking about your friend the whole dance while staring at her!"

"I can speak about whoever I want, Genevieve"

Your mouth almost drops in shock, feeling like you are watching soup opera.

You continue to eavesdrop, captivated by the unfolding drama between Genevieve and December.

Genevieve retorts, "It's not about who you talk about, but how you completely ignored me during the dance. I felt like a mere prop for your image."

December smirks, not bothered by her.

"Well, darling, you're just a means to an end. A mystic date who I don't like"

Genevieve scoffs in anger.

"You're insufferable."

Their argument intensifies.

"You shouldn't eavesdrop"

Turning around, you see the faerie prince, Nayzek, standing there, with a glass in his hand.

"Mind your business" you say, not pleased by how close he is standing to you.

"I'm just trying to advice you" you snort.

"Well, you should certainly take your advice and stop bothering people"

Nayzek suddenly grabs your wrist and drags you to the bathrooms, before shoving you into it.

And it's the boys' bathroom if you may add.

Thankfully, no one was inside.

"What is wrong with you, why did you bring me here?" you demand.

"Ditch your date and let's hang out"

"No, why would I ditch the kind and sweet Sterling for you?"

"Because he wants to suck your blood"

"No, he doesn't, stop spreading lies" 

"I guess I will just leave you to die"

You raise an eyebrow at him, still not believing him.

"Where is your proof?"

"Excuse me?" Nayzek inquires, as if the question is unlogical.

"You heard me? Where is your proof that he is going to suck my blood?"

"Well, he is a vampire, one paper cut and you are dead"

He makes a cutting sound as he pulls out his tongue as to act dead dead.

Out of nowhere, someone enters the bathroom.

But not anyone, it's Neith, the dragon boy who insists you are his mate.

"What are you doing here alone?" he demands, looking at you and the faerie with anger.

"We were about to fuck, do you want to join?"