First request done!

"A manuscript for a novel?" Hachiman questioned Zaimokuza as all of us sat in chairs. It was a hassle collecting all the papers, but it seems we found what these papers really are for.

"Indeed," Zaimokuza started, "a manuscript for a light novel. I was thinking of submitting it to a newcomer contest, but no friends means no opinions..."

"I see, so you want us to read this?" I spoke up.

"As always, you are quite perceptive Y/N!."

"There seems to be a lot of pages, Zaimokuza... you do know we have other stuff to do right?"

"Y/N's right, aren't there websites you could just submit this to? Just post it there!" Hachiman added, bringing up a good point.

"I can't do that, those people are ruthless!" yet another good point. "I would die if they criticized it too harshly!"

"Your heart needs to toughen up," Hachiman says, "but you know, Yukinoshita is more ruthless than anyone you can find on the internet." he points to the raven haired ice queen.

Later...

Hachiman and I were walking home from school, and unfortunately Zaimokuza was right behind us, spouting some random nonsense. As per usual, neither Hachiman nor I spoke at all during our walk. We stopped at a crosswalk, all the while Zaimokuza talked like a madman. To make matters worse, there was one other person waiting with us with a dog. Way to embarrass us in front of strangers, Zaimokuza! The light then turned green for us to walk, but then a honk was heard and a black car drove right past us, ignoring the traffic laws entirely. Jerk. I looked to Hachiman to see if he was ok, but he was staring at the dog who started barking next to us blankly.

"Hachi" I elbowed his side lightly, "you good?" Hachiman blinked before snapping back to reality.

"Yeah... don't worry." We then crossed the street with Zaimokuza following not too far behind, seeing as he lives around the same way as we do.

"Are we really going to read his manuscript tonight?" I asked quietly so as not to disturb the raving madman behind us.

"There's no other way to go about this request but to read." Hachiman responded.

"There's just other stuff we could have done instead y'know?"

"Like what, Y/N? It's not like we could do much of anything since we don't really have much on our agendas other than studying or playing video games."

"Both sound much better than reading this stupid manuscript."

"Welcome to the club, Y/N, this is what we are all about here in the service club."

"I guess." We continued walking to our neighbourhood. Zaimokuza left to his house not far away from ours, thank god, leaving just Hachiman and I. As per our routine he would drop me off to my house first before heading off to his.

"Thanks for walking me home, Hachi" I thanked him.

"That's what I'm here for."

"Such a gentleman," I slapped his shoulder lightly, "Hey, wanna come in? We could read the manuscript together, makes things less boring." I invited him over. Hachiman was quite friendly with my family, so my parents don't mind whenever I invite him over unannounced.

"Ahhh, I wish I could, but..."

"Lemme guess, Komachi would be alone?"

"Yeah... my corporate slave of parents are both working today."

"Such a siscon"

"Stop that! I'm just being a good brother."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. See ya tomorrow Hachi!" with that, he waved me off and I entered my house.

"Welcome home, Y/N!" my mother called from the kitchen. Seems that dad is working some overtime today.

"Hey mom. I have some work to do so please don't bother me when I'm in my room"

"Of course, dear. I'll call you for dinner"

"Thanks, mom!" with that I went into my room to begin reading the large bundles of paper for his light novel. Alright Zaimokuza, let's see what you got for us!

The Next Day...

I walked to the school's bike stands to find Hachiman, tiredly. Unfortunately, it seemed he was unable to walk with me today but that's fine. Right now, I just gotta tell him how much of a horrible experience I had reading Zaimokuza's manuscript all night last night. I can barely remember anything about it, so it feels like I did all of that for no reason which annoys me even more. I saw Hachiman park his bike and made my way to him.

"Yo Hachi!" I greeted groggily. He looked to be tired as well, as he half assedly waved hi to me. Not long after, Yuigahama greeted Hachiman as well, full of energy.

"Looks like someone didn't read the manuscript" I told Yui to which she just looked away coyly.

Time skip...

Hachiman and I then entered the club room to be greeted by a sleeping Yukino in one of the chairs. Looks like she's on the same boat as us.

"Good work..." Hachiman tried waking her up.

"It's no use, Hachi. Don't even try complimenting her." as soon as I said that, Yukino woke up with a yawn, looking at both of us.

"I'm surprised. Looking at you both, suddenly I don't feel sleepy" she instantly said. That little shit! I wish we could just put her to sleep forever! We then took our seats, with Yui and Zaimokuza arriving not long after.

"Now then!" Zaimokuza sat on a chair. "Tell me what you all thought!" We all looked at each other. Well, all except Yui who purposefully sat a distance away from us to avoid being called upon. Yukino then began to talk.

"Well... it was quite terrible." Ouch. Straight to the point from the ice queen herself. Sounds like her. "Reading it was actually painful and quite tedious." Zaimokuza then convulsed and groaned as if he was being shot in the heart.

"For my own reference... what exactly was painful and tedious?" he asked. Bad idea Zaimokuza. She's not going to hold back!

Minutes of Yukino "criticizing" Zaimokuza's work later...

Zaimokuza was now on the floor, tears apparent on his face after the complete breakdown of his manuscript by Yukino. Me, Hachiman and Yui were obviously uncomfortable with this overgrown baby wailing on our floor, while Yukino looked somewhat proud of herself? Does she enjoy the tears of others or what?

"H-Hachiman! Y-you understand it right??" Zaimokuza pleaded to my friend. Hachiman then smiled.

"So, what was that a rip off of?" the final blow to Zaimokuza's pride. The overgrown baby started rolling on the floor crying even louder, while I started bursting out in laughter, and Yukino looked even more annoyed than she was already. Hachiman then approached the lying Zaimokuza still crying.

"Well what's important are the illustrations. Don't worry about the story for now" Hachiman confided, to which Zaimokuza just blabbered incoherently.

Afterwards...

All 5 of us exited the school building and approached the stairs. Zaimokuza, who was in front of us, turned around to us.

"Will you give my story another chance?" he asked.

"Are you a masochist?" I answered back with a question of my own.

"After everything we said, you still want more?" Hachiman also asked.

"Of course. Indeed, your criticism was harsh, but it still made me happy. Having someone read your work means a lot to me. I look forward to it."

"If you say so" I scoffed. To be honest, I never want to have anything to do with this weirdo every again. Zaimokuza then struck a pose.

"Farewell for now! When I write something new, I'll bring it to you!" With that, he walked down the stairs and exited the school grounds after shouting some more nonsense to us, leaving us 4 still trying to process what happened today.

"That was one helluva first day huh?" Hachiman turned to me.

"Hachi, I really hope that will be the last time we will see him."