Service Club

"PFFFTT BWAHAHAHA" I burst out laughing upon reading the essay of my best friend ever since we were kids, Hachiman Hikigaya. Of course, he didn't approve of my mockery, considering he's fuming and grinding his teeth as I laugh hysterically.

"Shut up!" Hachiman retorted angrily, snatching his essay away from my hands in the process. Although I do feel bad, it's pretty funny how flustered he looks. Like what kind of reaction was he expecting out of me, especially reading something so... contemptuous?

"Hachi, you've always been so cynical, but doing this in your essay is just next level!" I replied, regaining my composure after my prior breakdown in laughter. "I can't believe you actually submitted this! What did Hiratsuka-sensei say?"

"You know damn well what she thought" Hachiman scoffed.

"She didn't get all violent right?" I tried my absolute best to not laugh.

"No, she did something way worse. She made me join a stupid club" I widened my eyes in curiosity.

"A club? But that means you have to socialize with other people instead of me now!" I teased, to which he rolled his eyes.

"Jokes on you, this club only has one other person and it's also the easiest thing ever."

"What is it?"

"Something called a Service Club. We help grant some requests of those who are in need of it. But from what I have seen so far, no one really comes so I basically do nothing. But get this, Hiratsuka-sensei is holding some sort of competition between me and the only other member to see who can fulfill the most requests, and I don't intend on losing... which is the other reason why I needed to talk to you today. I don't expect many people to come so why not try to speed things along with you around?"

"I see... so do you want me to stop by and make a request that only you can solve?"

"Exactly! This is why we're friends, Y/N."

"Your only friend at that you absolute loner"

"That was uncalled for! Besides, you're as much a loner as I am!" He lightly pushed me to which I chuckled.

"Touche Hachi. Ok I'll do it."

"Thank you Y/N, I don't think I can stand staying there alone with one other person for hours. Let me tell ya, she's a piece of work. I hate her with all my guts"

"Who is she?" I was curious.

"You'll find out soon. Come on, I'll show you where the club is." he motioned his head to the direction of the club.

"But wait, what request do I make?"

"I dunno, you're an independent woman figure it out" he smirked smugly. Dick.

After a few moments walking...

Hachiman led me to the front door of the club. Interestingly, there's no sign of indication to what club it is. The other clubs would usually have a sign or something, but this? Had Hachiman not told me what this was, I would have assumed it was an ordinary classroom.

"Well here it is. The service club. Ready to meet the most diabolical and hateful person this entire school has to offer?"

"I already met that person, and he's my best friend." I teased.

"Watch it! Just try not to let her scare you." With that, he opened the door. The room was quite empty with all the tables and chairs grouped on the opposite side of the room. It was empty save for a table and two chairs each on the opposite end of the table. One chair was empty which I assumed to be Hachiman's and the one closest to the window sat a black haired girl reading a book of some sorts. But, she looked rather familiar.

"Hey" I whispered to Hachiman, "Isn't that Yukinoshita Yukino from Class 2J?"

"That's her alright" Hachiman whispered back in disgust.

"Hikigaya, who is this that you brought?" Yukinoshita spoke up, eyes still focused on the book and unwavering.

"Um hi" I awkwardly greeted, "I'm L/N Y/N from class 2F..."

"Hikigaya's classmate huh?"

"Yeah... I guess you can say I'm a friend of his..." when I said that, she finally took her eyes off her book to look at me, with her then shifting her attention to Hachiman.

"I'm surprised, Hikigaya. Didn't know you had friends, let alone a girl."

"Looks like I found something not even the perfect Yukinoshita could have. A friend." Hachiman mocked as he took a seat and I stood in front of the table.

"Congratulations, someone isn't horrified by your disgusting face and dead fish eyes" Yukinoshita insulted, which was kinda mean. Sure I do it, but it's because I'm close with him. This is just straight up bullying.

"That's a little rude don't you think?" I spoke up, defending Hachiman.

"Trust me, he deserves it. Anyways, why are you here?" she asked in an annoyed tone. Well jeez, for someone being a part of a club that helps she can be quite a rude one.

"I'm here to make a request" I replied as Hachiman gave me a thumbs up for encouragement. The two looked at me in anticipation... well only Hachiman did while Yukinoshita looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but here... but nothing was coming to mind on what I needed help with that only Hachiman could solve to help him in this in-club competition. I'm relatively well versed in our homework, I don't really have troubles in anything else. So then, what am I gonna make a request for?

"Well what is it?" Yukinoshita spoke impatiently. As sweat began form over the pressure of having to figure something out within the next few seconds to save myself from embarrassment. I then said the only thing that could even come to my mind at this point, something that I think Hachiman can solve on his own at least.

"I need help with getting a date!"

First chapter done! In order to make this work, I need to make a few minor adjustments to the story as I already have a sense on what I want this to be. It'll still follow the plot of Oregairu but I'll be adding my own sort of flavour to it. Enjoy :)