New Member

Ughhhhhhhh. This sucks. I know I agreed to be part of the club and was rather looking forward to seeing what I can do, but now since we're nearing the end of today's class... I'm starting to regret it. I was feeling the pressure of Hiratsuka-sensei's wrath to accept the offer that I forgot there was one other member that I had to deal with. Yukino Yukinoshita. I can't say I like her icy personality, and the way she communicates, but at least I'm given a week trial so if this really doesn't work out in my favour.

Class was nearing its end, and to be honest I kinda didn't pay attention. I was off in my own little world throughout the whole lesson, so basically I learned nothing today. Sorry sensei, I'll probably just get Hachiman to tell me what happened. I turned around from my seat to see Hachiman who sat behind me, equally as bored as I was, resting his chin on an open palm of his left hand. It may look like he's not paying attention, but I know for a fact he understood everything that was taught nonetheless. I don't know how he does it, but somehow he's able to get one of the best marks in class along with Mr. Perfect Hayato Hayama. As I turned around, Hachiman's bored eyes made its way to greet me.

"Yeah?" he asked with as much enthusiasm as a dead ostrich.

"I forgot to tell you something" I replied, referencing my inability to inform him of my new membership to his club. Well, temporary membership for the time being.

"What?"

"In a few. I'll let you know after class."

"'Kay, but make it quick. I got that stupid club." Ahahaha. Yeah.

Within the next few seconds, the bell finally rang, signifying the end of school and for everyone to go home or to their respective clubs. I packed up my stuff and got ready to leave with Hachiman, who already bolted out and was most likely waiting for me outside, but before I was able to even move a centimetre away from my desk the sight of a familiar, cheerful lady decided to barge in.

"L/N! Yahallo!!!" Yui Yuigahama enthusiastically greeted. What could she want right now? Usually after class, she would flock with her clique consisting of the popular kids like Yumiko Miura or Hayato Hayama, basically all the kids I don't really like that much.

"Yuigahama, hi" I meekly greeted, "How was the service club helping with your request the other day?"

"You missed out! There was a baking competition and I had so much fun! Hikki is actually very helpful..." she said the last part shyly while faint hints of a blush can be seen on her cheeks. Huh... interesting...

"Yeah... I mean people always have this bad image of Hachi, but in reality he's a caring guy. He'll help you if you need it, only problem is that nobody wants to talk to him" I said in a sympathetic tone. It's true though, Hachiman is one of the nicest people I know. It'snot saying much since I barely know anyone but still, the point still stands.

"I could tell..." there was a short pause before she could continue, "Ummm, you're really close to him right?" What an odd question. I raised my eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yes, what of it?"

"You see... I was hoping you could-"

"YUI! We're leaving, let's go!" the queen bee herself, Yumiko Miura, interrupted. It's no secret that she's the most popular girl in our class, she's a beautiful girl with a... personality I guess. All the boys and girls flock to her, and everyone treats her like some kinda goddess. Everyone except Hachi and I at least. Well, even if she's popular, that doesn't give her the right to interrupt my conversation! It's time I finally stand up for myself!

"Hey, I was tal-" before I could even finish, the blonde shot a terrifying glare towards me! If you could look closely, you could probably see fire burning within her pupils! Yeah, I'm not messing with her right now, I think it's best I stay quiet. Yui noticed this and gave me a smile of sympathy. Thanks, I guess.

"I'll tell you some other time then. Later, L/N!" Yui then ran towards her clique who began to exit the room. I sighed in relief as that was the first time I ever spoke up to Miura, or at least tried to. I could barely get 4 words in, but that just goes to show how scary that girl is. I then exited the class to see Hachiman waiting patiently for me.

"Took you long enough" he smugly said.

"Shut up. Yuigahama was holding me back"

"Oh?"

"Weird, I know. And funny thing is, she was asking if I was close to you or not."

"Ew. I don't need people poking into who I'm close with or not."

"It's weird, but maybe she means well."

"Yeah sure. So anyways, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Oh boy.

"Aha, well yeah... um" I stuttered. It's not like he would get mad at me for joining, but for some reason I'm struggling to tell him right now! Why?

"Spit it out, Y/N."

"Ok! Ok! Jeez, you can be really impatient. So, you know the service club, yes?"

"Of course I know, I'm in it!"

"Oh yeah ha, dumb question. Well you know how Hiratsuka-sensei talked to me before class?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well guess what? I'm your new member! She's giving me a week's trial to see if I like it or not" I smiled awkwardly and tried to get a read on his expression. As I should have expected, it was... unreadable. Can't tell if he's happy or what?

"Oh. Nice" he said with his signature monotonous tone.

"Aren't you happy or what?"

"Well, sure. I get to work with you now which is great, but to be honest having to work with Yukinoshita sucked all my emotions out of me. I do not have the pleasure of feeling anything now"

"Ew, why do you have to be so dramatic about it? I don't like Yukinoshita, but I doubt I'll be having a terrible time. Besides, us both? We got this, Hachi." He then gave a little smirk.

"Sure, if you say so. Well then, let's get going. I'll take it upon myself to show you the ropes, as if there were any."