Not Him!

Hachiman and I walked down the hallway side by side to the club room in silence. Its moments like these where I feel like I am taking advantage of and not appreciating it as much as I should, no words being spoken, nothing needs to be said. Just walking alongside my best friend, as I like it. However, this time its a bit different. This time, I'm feeling some underlying feelings of anxiety as we approach the club room ever so slowly. I already know what its all about, but actually being the one to facilitate the services this time is anxiety inducing! Still, I mask this with an expression void of emotion, something that I have mastered throughout the years after the things I have been through.

As we got near the club room, we noticed Yukino and Yui outside the doors, taking a peek through the window as if trying to hide from something. Huh, wonder what's gotten into those two.

"Hey what're you doing?" Hachiman called out which startled the two girls.

"Would you not sneak up on us like that!?" Yukino scolded.

"Fine, sorry. So, what are you doing?" The two girls looked at each other before Yui spoke up.

"There's someone suspicious in the clubroom..."

"Huh?" I replied in confusion as I opened the door. When I did so, I was greeted by the sight of flying papers and a boy in a brown trench coat with his back turned to us, staring at the window all the while laughing to himself. Oh jeez, please don't tell me it's who I think it is.

"Imagine, finally meeting you here!" the boy spoke up, whilst all 4 of us stared in confusion. "I've waited so long for this... Hachiman Hikigaya and Y/N L/N!" the boy then turned around and doing a weird pose, revealing himself to be the person that I thought it would be, though me and Hachiman would rather forget he even existed.

"Do you two know this person?" Yukino asked, to which Hachiman looked away and I tried hiding my face.

"No way, even if I knew him I wouldn't!" Hachiman lied.

"I have never seen this person before" I lied as well.

"Don't tell me you two forgotten the face of your partner!" he then struck a pose as if he was wielding a katana. Please stop, you're just making us look bad! "I'm disgusted!"

"He says he was both of your guys' partners..." Yui chimed in.

"Maybe he was our gym partner or something," I replied.

"Hrng! A most evil custom indeed! Find someone to partner with they say hehehe I am a man who can perish at any time! I am not one to just make friends with!" he yapped like he was some sort of anime edgelord. Both Hachiman and I sighed in defeat as there was just no stopping this weirdo.

"What do you want, Zaimokuza?" Hachiman asked emotionlessly.

"Wait so you two do know this weirdo!" Yui said.

"Sounds about right" Yukino added, unnecessarily insulting us.

"I AM THE KENGO SHOGUN! YOSHITERU ZAIMOKUZA!" Zaimokuza states proudly, striking yet another weird pose causing me to internally sigh. Someone get this man out of here.

"So this friend of yours wants something from you and him, I take it?" Yukino asks

"He's not our friend!" I proclaimed.

"HAHA! That's right! I have no friends. Seriously, not even one. None!" Zaimokuza emphatically boasts.

"That's not something to be proud of Zaimokuza" I said in response.

"ANYWAYS!!! Hachiman and Y/N!!! This is the service club, yes?"

"Yes, this is the service club" Yukino answers tiredly. Girl, same.

"Haha! That means Ms. Hiratsuka's advice was correct! You and Y/N are bound by a sacred duty to grant me my wish, Hachiman! To think that after all these centuries our bond is still of master and servant! Could it be the guidance of Hachiman Daibosatsu?"

"The service club doesn't grant wishes. We just assist to aiding you to your goals" Yukino calmly explains to the crazy otaku who looked a bit perplexed.

"Then Hachiman! Please lend me your assistance along with your partner in crime! Our bond is that of pure equals, let us conquer this hedonistic world once more to our liking!"

Yukino then tugged on Hachiman's sleeve to try to pull us away from this madman's conversation.

"Hikigaya, what exactly does this guy mean by Kengo Shogun?"

"That's a delusion of grandeur" Hachiman responded.

"A delusion of grandeur?"

"Look, it's not important." I intercepted so as not to sidetrack us. "All you gotta know is that he thinks Hachiman is his partner because of some old historical figure sharing the same name. I just somehow got roped into this."

"That's a good summary. Anyways, back to the elephant in the room" Hachiman then pointed to Zaimokuza who was now convulsing sporadically for some odd reason.

"I think I understand now. You want us to cure this mental illness?" Yukino then approached the crazed otaku.

"You are gravely mistaken!" Zaimokuza started arguing with Yukino but of course the ice cold queen puts him in his place. As the two bicker, I speak to Hachiman.

"Some first day for me huh?" he chuckled lightly.

"Seeing him again definitely was not part of my agenda."

"Then again, I don't think it was on anyone's!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Y/N." his eyes then turned to the floor, prompting me to look down as well. What lied on the floor were the papers that were flying initially when we first entered the room, each entirely typed out. This has to be Zaimokuza's, because there's no way we even have that much paperwork. 

"Huh..." I picked up one of the pieces of paper that was on the floor, "What is this?"