Chapter 15.

Wukong and Macaque entered the throne room where MK and his team and the guards were already waiting. Wukong was surprised that it was them, he saw them during the New Year festival, it was them. So his successor is this kid.
Mk and the rest were also surprised to see the same monkey as then, and this monkey was walking hand in hand with Macaque.
Wukong and Macaque took their places on ornate thrones. Their tails were intertwined.
The guards stood in front of the team and the kings, as if expecting an attack from the aliens, so that they could protect the kings at any time.
"Macaque, what's with this magical barrier? It wasn't there before." MK said.
"You've been here before? When?" Macaque said.
"During the new year, we had to prepare a cure for all these spiders somewhere."
"The barrier is for the protection of our kingdom, I see it is useful. To the point MK, why are you here?"
"Ah...yes, I'm telling you, some witch attacked the city, took control and took my staff, we tried to deal with her, but she has some mech and also has some ice powers, you have to help us! Macaque." MK said quickly and energetically.
"Hmm... that's not good." Macaque wondered.
Wukong wondered about the witch... witch, it reminded him of something.
"Nothing should happen to you here. You can stay here."
"Macaque. We can't stay here, we have to save the city." MK moaned.
"MK, I have my duties, my job is to protect my people. I understand your frustration, but I have to think about my kingdom first."
"Wait." Tang said. "After all, the mountain of flowers and fruit belongs to the monkey king."
"Which one are you looking at."
"What?!"
-You didn't tell them?- Wukong said in sign language.
-I didn't think I'd have to.- Macaque said in sign language -I thought I'd teach the kid how to use his powers, he'd be a hero and we'd go our separate ways-
-Well, you've got it wrong-
-Understand that everything I do, I do it for us, for you-
-I know-
-if you want, I can tell them now-
-no, the less they know the better-
Macaque kissed Wukong on the head.
"Ehm? So how did this happen? Where is Sun Wukong?"
-tell them I retired-
-Definitely?-
-Yes-
"Well, Sun Wukong ruled for quite a long time and decided to retire."
They were shocked by this news.
"But how?! What?!" the new comers were shocked.
"I told you, after all, he disappeared from the world of superheroes. Anyway, as I said, you can stay here until I figure out what to do next."
"But.."
"MK, we have no other choice, even though I don't trust this Macaque thing." Pigsy said.
"All right."
The longer Wukong looked at them, the longer he saw them as his former friends whom he had let down. And the pain was bursting in his heart. He looked at them with regret and sadness. Tang made eye contact with him. Wukongu felt even worse under the gaze of his master's reincarnation. Macaque noticed this too. He grabbed Wukong's hand, drawing his attention away from the man. He smiled.
-I'd prefer you not to approach them- Macaque said in sign language. Wukong was about to protest when Macaque added, -Sunshine, I see how it affects you. Their very presence destroys you.-
-Is it that visible?-
Macaque nodded. -Please, I don't want you to go through this again. It's all good, right? -
This time Wukong nodded.
-I'll take care of everything.-
he stroked his beloved's hand with his thumb.
"Uh... what are they talking about?" Mei asked, looking at them.
"I don't know, maybe it represents us?" MK asked.
-You know they think you're deaf? Should I tell them that...-
-No, I won't communicate with them anyway- Wukong replied. In fact, his location allowed him to obtain information that Macaque would not tell him. In addition, he was curious how they see the gratest Sun Wukong.
"Take them to the guest rooms." Macaque ordered the guards. The guards nodded.
The team followed the guards.
The guards took them to one large room (like a living room for guests), which also led to 4 different bedrooms. Everything looked rich and exclusive. MK and Mei went Wow.
The guards left without a word. MK and Mei quickly chose their bedrooms.
Pigsy sat down on the sofa. "Don't you think something's wrong here?"
"What exactly do you mean?" Mei asked, taking a selfie with MK.
"I have a feeling that Macaque isn't telling us everything."
"Oh.. Pigsy everyone has the right to a little privacy." Sandy said.
"Yes. But haven't you noticed that he doesn't seem to care? What's going on with the world?"
"Pigsy, definitely not. Macaque is a mysterious guy. But he has a whole kingdom on his mind."
"What happened to all that previous king?"
"Tang, you know this. You said earlier that he should be dead."
Tang opened his notebook and adjusted his glasses.
"According to the journey to the west. The Monkey King killed him because from what I know, Macaque wanted to take Sun Wukong place."
"Wait, that might mean..."
Everyone's eyes widened in surprise.
"Wait, I don't understand." said MK.
"It could mean that it was the other way around. Macaque took Sun Wukong's place and became the Monkey King."
"What?! It's not like..."
"MK. We don't really know him."
"Isn't it strange that he showed up instead of Sun Wukong? When you picked up the staff. And he's the king?"
MK felt confusion, frustration and perhaps anger rising deep inside him.
"So what happened to Sun Wukong?"
"He said he retired." Mei said.
"But it might as well be a lie."
"What about the other monkey? The one that's deaf."
"Maybe she knows what happened to Sun Wukong?"
"But how can you ask about it if she can't hear..."
.
.
.
It was time for dinner.
Macaque sat at the head of the table, in perfect spirits. Wukong sat next to him, on the right.
The team also sat down at the table, but there was a distance between them and the royal couple. Dinner is served. They started eating.
"So uhm.. Macaque, you didn't tell us you were married." Mei said.
"I'm wearing a wedding ring, I guess that's enough." he raised his hand to show them the wedding ring.
"Oh yes... but you could have told us that you have such a beautiful wife." MK said, it was meant as a compliment. Macaque almost burst out laughing, but stopped himself and chuckled. Wukong almost choked on his food. Well, what was that supposed to be?! Any offense?! Macaque looked at Wukong with that smile of his. The team didn't understand what was going on.
"I have such a beautiful wife~" he sighed. He kept looking at Wukong and observing his reactions. Wukong felt humiliated and insulted.
-take it, don't screw them in.- said Wukong.
"What did she say?" Tang asked.
Macaque, wanting to take advantage of the situation and tease his beloved, said "she said thank you for the compliment." and drank wine, still looking at Wukong with those dark eyes of desire. Wukong blushed under his gaze. He smiled gently. He was aware that Macaque wanted to piss him off on purpose. He'll get his due later. Wukong smiled slyly, planning something special for Macaque for this play, knowing that they hadn't finished what they started in the office yet. Because unfortunately Macaque had to convene a security council or something, so they didn't have time alone.
"So what's your wife's name?" Pigsy asked.
-Sunshine, what would you like your name to be? - said Macaque in sign language. Wukong looked at Macaque with a twinkle in his eyes.
-What would you like my name to be? -Wukong replied.
"Sunny." Macaque said. "Cute, right? But I usually call her Sunshine~"
-Miohu, you'll get paid for this - Wukong threatened.
-I'm looking forward to it- Macaque replied with a smile.
"Has your wife always been deaf?" MK asked. The team looked at him. "What?"
"Hmm... calm down. No. It wasn't always like this." replied Macaque.
"How did you meet?" Mei asked.
"We've known each other since childhood."
"Ah... did you know Sun Wukong too?" MK asked. And there was silence at the table. Wukong looked at Macaque. Macaque sighed. He leaned back and leaned against the backrest.
-Tell them?- Macaque asked.
-NO. -
-I see-
"Yes. We knew him."
"and?"
"and nothing." he drank some wine.
"And don't you think that as his successor, I should know something more?"
it fell on Wukong like a bucket of cold water.
"what do you want to know?"
The tension rose. Wukong felt a pang in his heart.
"Well, I don't know, like where he is, why he left, why he's not there when I need him, why do I have his powers?!"
"Kid, not in that tone." Macaque admonished him. Wukong looked at the team. For the reincarnations of his former companions. His gaze was filled with memory. The memory of the day he failed to save them, the day they died because of him. Because of him, because he wasn't able to save them. Bloody bodies lying motionless. He felt another twinge in his heart, stronger, stronger, tearing his heart into shreds.
"MK, I don't know why you have his powers, that's all I can tell you."
"What about Sun Wukong? Where is he? Some witch wants to take over the world and where is he?!"
Wukong was getting worse with each passing second, his breathing became uneven and rapid, his heartbeats were rapid and uneven. He clutched his chest. Macaque noticed this immediately. Macaque suddenly jumped up from his chair. He placed his hand on his forehead, checking his temperature. He cursed under his breath. He called the servants and ordered the doctors to be brought to the king's bedroom.
"What's going on?" asked a worried and more composed MK.
Macaque replied, "That's enough for today." he disappeared into the shadows with Wukong.
.
.
As a reminder, the team thinks Wukong is a girl, but he isn't. Because of the way he looks: long hair, pale skin, his mark on his face is barely visible. He still wears long robes. And anyway, Macaque likes how his husband looks. And he likes to piss him off with it.
And so Wukong had a heart attack here. Excess stress mixed with old regrets.
I also wanted to show you that every lie creates a new one and our shadow manipulator is great at this. What's your opinion? Does it good? (Comments welcome)
I hope you liked it. See you soon. 😘