Chapter 5.

Mountain of flowers and fruits, throne room.Wukong and Macaque emerged from the shadows. Wukong was still in the same position, crouched down, bent in half, holding his head. Macaque stood over him. Everyone suddenly came together. They were happy to have found their king, but their joy turned into anxiety and fear. Their king was in a devastated condition. There was terror on their faces. What happened to their king?! What's with him?! Where was he?! they said.
"Macaque..." Ma began.
"Please stay calm, I will answer your questions later, right now the most important thing is our king. Prepare a bath and call a doctor." said Macaque. There was worry on his face. The generals nodded. They carried out the order. It became loud in the castle. The entire kingdom was thrilled that their king had returned, but he returned in a terrible condition. Macaque picked up Wukong. He knew his king was unable to move. It was disturbing but understandable. He took him to the bathroom where the bath was already ready. He undressed it, put it in the bathtub and began to wash it.
Wukong felt confused. What exactly was happening? First he was in darkness, then he was with the corpses of his friends, then he appeared in heaven and now where is he? Does not know. It's all like this...without context. Is this reality or is it all still going on in his head? Or maybe he killed his comrades? He was furious... and he lost control, but he would remember it, but... that's one of the options. The worst option. He knows it was because of him that they died. It's all his fault. The guilt slowly consumed him and tore his soul to shreds. His fault, his... no one other than him. Why did he need all this? There was no need to mess with the heavens, no need to seek immortality. Now all he had left was pain. Immortality... he wanted everyone to be happy so they wouldn't have to experience the loss of loved ones, but even immortality doesn't help with that. There is always only pain and mourning. Tears ran down his cheeks. His face reflected pain. Why does everything hurt?! Nothing happened to him, right? So why does everything hurt?! He can't stand it. The pain permeates his bones, his head and even his mind. He doesn't understand how this happens.
"Hey, Wukong? What's going on? Hey, peaches..." Macaque said, trying to calm him down. Macaque touched his cheek and turned his face so that they looked at each other. Macaque smiled gently. Wukong now realized that he was looking at Macaque. Macaque was his friend, why does he want to tear him to pieces? This is his friends, right? But he must have done something to him? Was it just his imagination? Why was he afraid of him? He shouldn't feel this. He was afraid of him. Secondly, where is he? He guess in the bathtub? What is he doing in the bathtub?!
"Hey, Wukong... it's okay, we're home," Macaque said gently. How? What? In what home?
Macaque moved closer to him. Their foreheads touched.
"Breathe. You're safe now. Breathe."
Wukong closed his eyes. But when he closed his eyes, he saw darkness ahead of him, consuming him. He felt threatened, cornered, with no escape route. All he could do was... breathe. Just as Macaque told him. Breathe.
"Better?"
Wukong opened his eyes. He saw Macaque smiling softly. This Macaque looked more like his old friend than the one he met in prison. What is going on here?!
Wukong nodded. Macaque started washing him again. His touch was gentle and calm, but Wukong didn't like it. He felt it was just a game. It plays like one in the theater. Are you sure? His Macaque has always been delicate, but... it's unusual, isn't it? This is true. Is this reality or his delusions? Maybe he's still locked up and this is a dream because he dreams of his friend taking care of him.
After washing Wukong. Macaque dried him and dressed him in his usual loose shirt and loose pants. Wukong still couldn't move. His whole body ached constantly, his mind ached.
Macaque carried him to his bedroom, but Wukong didn't recognize his own room. He placed him on the bed.
Wukong felt like crying, but his eyes were exhausted from tears. Now, when he was placed on the soft bed, he felt extremely tired. He hadn't laid on a soft bed for a long time. This was another reason to cry. He felt every muscle in his body relax and go limp. Macaque also covered him with a blanket. Wukong felt warm. He hadn't felt this comfortable in ages. He felt his head buzzing, but he ignored it. His eyelids became heavier and heavier. Macaque was saying something to him, but Wukong's mind didn't register exactly what it was. Wukong gave up. He closed his eyes and drifted off.
.
.
.
Macaque immediately went to calm down the people, especially the generals and marshals. As a general version for those given, he said that for now the king's condition is bad and it's all heaven's fault. A kind of propaganda. Residents were shocked by this news. After making this short speech, Macaque went to talk, or rather to explain the situation in more detail to the generals and marshals. They were now in the meeting room.
"So our king has been in heaven this whole time?" Ma said. Macaque nodded.
"I know it was a big risk, but I couldn't do otherwise, I had to check the heavens," said Macaque.
"And it's good that you did it," Ba said. "Thanks to you, we got our king back"
"Do you know what they did to him?" Beng asked.
"Unfortunately, I don't know. When I came, they were in the middle of some trial," said Macaque.
"Bandits," Liu said. "We have to pay them for this," he said with indignation and anger.
"For now, the most important thing is the health of our king. Has the doctor already visited him?" Ma said.
"Not yet. He went straight to sleep. He looked very tired, and what's worse, he wasn't able to say anything." Macaque said.
"That's not good." Ba stated.
"Maybe when he sees you again, maybe he'll come to his senses..." he said sadly.
.
.
.
After discussing the whole matter. Everyone went to Wukong's bedroom. Additionally, they called a doctor. Wukong was still sleeping. They decided it was better not to wake him, so the doctor checked his condition without waking him. All that was needed was to x-ray his body with magic.
"What's with him?" Ba asked. The doctor turned to them.
"His body is exhausted, emaciated and weakened. The worst thing is his skull, which has been damaged. If he still has healing power, it will be fine, it will heal, but..."
"What does it mean if he still has the power to heal?" said Liu.
"I won't lie to you. His body has been through a lot of evil. His powers will not be the same as before. He is completely destroyed. It will be a miracle if his body regenerates properly."
"What do you advise?" Macaque said.
"A lot of rest. I will prepare appropriate medicines to strengthen his body so that it can regenerate faster. It will also be good for him to eat properly. At least three meals a day. The most important thing is that he does not overwork himself. It will take time before he returns to his normal condition. Let me know when he wake up." said the doctor. Everyone nodded. The doctor left.
.
.
.
Wukong slowly opened his eyes. His head hurt. He heard a noise. He felt warm. The only plus. His vision was blurry, but slowly clearing. He slowly touched his head with his hand. It hurt. He groaned. Someone was saying something to him. He did not understand. Now he noticed that there were Macaque and some other monkeys in the room. Everyone stared at him. Should he say something? He did not say anything. He got up, or at least sat down, and leaned against the pillow that was propped against the wall. It was awkward. He should definitely say something. But what? Who were all these people? Should he ask them who they are or where he is?
"Where…" was all he could say until he felt embarrassed. "Where... am I..." Why is he having trouble speaking? And now the hardest part, he has to concentrate to understand what they said.
"King, you have returned home, Mountain of flowers and fruits," said Beng with a smile.
Wukong needed a moment to absorb this information, or rather to comprehend what the monkey had said to him. He didn't understand the first part, then he concentrated and caught the word mountain, and then flowers and fruit? Wait, a mountain of flowers and fruit. At home. How did he end up here? That will be a question for later. But since he's at home... then these monkeys are... were he his advisors? Great fun guessing who they are. This was still missing, he thought ironically.
"King, do you recognize us?" Ma asked with concern.
What do they want? Wukong thought. Who are they... let's try. He took a breath and now the worst part, assigning names to the appropriate monkey. Why is this so difficult?! He remembers his generals and marshals... but he doesn't have the strength to play with them. He closed his eyes.
"Ba... Ma... Liu... Beng... and Maca.. Mac... aque," he managed to say. When he opened his eyes, he saw that everyone had a concerned look on their faces. He didn't like it. The atmosphere was funereal. Wukong felt he should say something. His first thought was whether it was really real, because he found it hard to believe. He remembers that... the mountain burned down, his kingdom, they said, he was not with them then, but Macaque was. He told him about how Erlang burned down the mountain, burned down his house. Then, shouldn't his generals and marshals be dead? And this room, this castle, should be completely burned to ashes. Is this real? He remembers that after all this he started fighting with Erlang and made him very angry... How should he create a sentence. when he can't even pronounce himself correctly?! It's irritating. He'll ask a simple question...
"How... is... the kingdom?" he gasped. He felt how embarrassing it was.
"Everyone was worried about you, King, since that battle with the heavens, there was no trace of you," said Ba.
"Until, we were already losing hope that you were alive..." said Liu.
"But thanks to Macaque, the best of us, you have returned home," said Beng.
Wukong looked at Macaque. Macaque smiled pleasantly.
"King... we know you were imprisoned in the heavens," Ma said.
I hear what?! Wukong thought.
"I found you in the heavens," Macaque said.
What's going on here? I wasn't trapped in the heaven, except for the furnace incident, but then there was the mountain, and then there was the journey... What are they talking about, Wukong thought.
"King, could you tell us what they did to you?" Ba asked gently.
Who? What? Wukong thought. It really seemed like everything was wrong. He looked at them questioningly.
"Wukong, I found you covered in dirt and blood and these celestials still dared to judge you," Macaque said.
But that's not how it was... what's going on? The Celestials didn't do anything to me, maybe, but I started this stupid war myself. And the one who did this to me is... hah... I'm already confused, but I'm sure it was him, but I don't want to believe it. And what will I tell them? I can't say Macaque, because that's ridiculous. I don't know anymore, my head is spinning, please stop staring at me. Do I look that pathetic? Wukong thought.
"No… rem… no.. remember," he managed to say. Why can't he say any words correctly?!
"We just want to say that we understand why you were gone and that it's not your fault," Ma said.
"Only the damn celestial ones," Liu said.
I learn interesting things. What did Macaque tell them? Wukong thought.
"King, if you tell us to fight, we will agree, everyone will support you," Ba said.
Wait, what?! What fight? Wukong thought.
"But first you have to get well," Macaque said. The rest nodded.
"Yes. Your health is the most important thing now," Ma said.
"The whole kingdom rejoice at your return, when you get back on your feet we will organize a big celebration," Beng said enthusiastically. Wukong smiled.
A moment of silence passed.
"How do you feel?" Ba asked.
"Gr... Great," Wukong said and smiled weakly.
"Go get a doctor," Macaque said.
"Uh... no... no ha..ve to," Wukong gasped.
"King, we were supposed to go get him anyway when you were supposed to wake up," Ma said.
.
.
They brought a doctor. The doctor examined him again. He asked him several questions such as: how he feels, whether he remembers what happened, whether he is aware of where he is, whether he is able to move, etc.
First of all, Wukong didn't like it. He had trouble expressing himself. Secondly, he wanted to go back to sleep. Next, he had to drink something that tasted bitter, so gross.
The rest started talking about something, but at some point Wukong turn off. At least for one day of peace. But conscience is more powerful. One and the same. It's all his fault. Opens eyes. His eyes are full of tears. Tears flow down his cheeks.
There was a Macaque in the room. He quickly walked over to Wukong. He sat down next to him. He cupped his face and began to calm him down. Wukong looked at him in horror.
"Hey, it's me... Peaches, it's ok. Breathe," he said gently.
They hugged. Wukong lost consciousness after a while. Macaque lay down next to him, still holding him in his embrace. He began to run his fingers through Wukong's hair. Macaque admitted he missed it. Like his beloved king, the most powerful being in the world is dependent on him. And only he can help him. Wonderful feeling. Only Macaque, no one else. The first part of the plan is done. I still need to think of something to do with the pilgrims' bodies. The heavens will certainly be interested in what happened to these pilgrims and Wukong himself. Macaque thought. I could give another show of my acting skills, but there will be time for that. Macaque smiled and hugged Wukong closer.
😈
😊
🤔
Hi,
Just so you understand, Wukong will have serious problems expressing himself, as you have seen...
It's amazing how much Macaque actually wants to make Wukong dependent on him😭But what can you do? I guess it's love or...😈?
(Comments welcome)
Bye.