17-Investigation

(welcome back pesty besties, eat up)
(also this chapter has a lot of time skips)

Started writing March 3rd (I think??), 2024

No POV:

Cheesy and Trophy had been looking everywhere for his journal, at least, in the pool area. That's where he left it, why wouldn't it be there?

Cheesy felt like he was about to have a panic attack. I mean, he had so much stuff in there, and now it's just gone? It couldn't have just disappeared! He sat down and brought his knees up to his chest, he didn't know what he was gonna do.

Trophy sat next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you alright?" He knew Cheesy would be upset about this sort of thing. I mean c'mon, he would be too.

Cheesy grumbled. "mmm... No! I'm not alright! My journal has just suddenly gone missing without a trace, and we've looked everywhere!" His journal had so much personal stuff in there, and knowing it was gone made him quite anxious.

Trophy looked at him with sympathy in his eyes. "Hey, Cheesy, it's gonna be okay. We'll find it eventually. Remember when I lost my camera?"

Cheesy nodded "Yeah, but that's because Fan stole it..." He thought for a moment, before something clicked. "Wait, do you think someone stole my journal??"

"I mean, it's a possibility, but I don't want to make you worry." Trophy wasn't very keen on making Cheesy already more concerned than he already was, but he didn't wanna rule out anything. They barely had evidence anyway.

"But- but who would've stolen it? I mean, it might've been Fan but I feel like I'm just biased because he already stole one of your belongings..." As Cheesy was talking, Trophy noticed something on the tiles that was suspiciously close to where Cheesy had left his journal. Cheesy noticed Trophy looking, but he didn't notice the actual thing he was looking at.

"Whatcha starin at?" He tilted his head like a Minecraft wolf.

"Cheesy, look."

Trophy pointed at the small, white feather on the ground. Cheesy had to look closer, as his vision was really bad and the colour practically blended in with the tiles, but once he got a good look he could recognize what it was.

"A feather? Where could that have come from?"

"It looks fake, like some accessory on someone's outfit." Trophy pointed out.

Cheesy gasped. "Oh em gee, I just had an idea!!"

...

"Cheesy, I don't think we should be doing this..."

"Awwh, come on, pleeeeeeaassee?" Cheesy begged, giving Trophy puppy dog eyes. He had suggested the idea of getting Test Tube to interview all of the hotel residents to find out who the feather belonged to. Of course, it wasn't a very practical idea, but Cheesy seemed quite insistent on it.

Trophy sighed. "Fiiiine... but you don't have to take such drastic measures for this."

"Maybe I don't, but it's more fun this way!" Cheesy smiled his signature goofy smile, his tooth gap showing. Trophy adored that tooth gap.

...

"Can you do it for us, Tube?" Cheesy clasped his hands together like a prayer and smiled at her innocently. Test Tube thought for a moment.