Extra Pt. 2

Siblings

      "Mother dearest?"

     The woman whose name is Gabriella, looked up from the little pot she was mixing in some Herbs.

      "Yes?" She asked.

     Her long, curly hair was put up in a low ponytail as she sat cross legged on the floor, one book in one hands and mixing in the other.

    "May I sit with you?" He asked.

    She smiled warmly at the 17 year old.

    "Of course dearie" She said, looking back at the book. 

    Oscar sat down in front of her, just outside the chalk circle she made. He watched as she brew what looked to him yet another potion. He tilted his head in curiosity.

     "Mother dearest, may I be so bold as to ask what you're currently making?"

    "Just a special fertilizer for the garden" She softly said.

    He looked all round her, Herbs, candles, books, and a chalk circle she sat in.

    "What's all this then?"

     "Just to protect the garden from pests" She said.

     He nodded. Oscar had then fidgeted, like he was nervous about something, Gabriella looked up, her eyes, as brown as can be that could easily be mistaken for black stared at his pure black eyes.

     "Is there something that you wish to say?"

    "Yes...."

     "What is it?"

    Oscar fumbled with his black coat, she almost laughed, he looked like a child who wanted something, but was too nervous to ask, thinking their parents were gonna say no.

     "Well... I went into the village to gather the items that you asked of me" He started off.

    Gabriella nodded, setting the book down, pausing what she was doing, giving her full attention to her beloved son.

     "Well..... As I bought your items, and began walking home... I noticed a little child running around in such happiness, it looked as if she was bragging about something, so... Out of curiosity, I went up and asked what she was bragging about, the child said how she was getting a little sibling. She just wanted the whole village to know" He said.

      Gabriella smiled "I see, siblings are a special bond, granted they tend to fight a lot and look to hate each other, their bond is pretty strong. Unless you are the type of person to hate them with a burning passion" She said.

     Oscar looked to her curiously "If I may ask, do you have siblings? Out of the years I had known you and lived here, I noticed you speak nothing of your family. Do you perhaps have siblings?" He asked.

    She nodded "Yes, I'm the eldest daughter of 2 siblings" She said.

    "Really?"

    "Yes, however, I ended up out-living them. Immortality isn't as much as a blessing as others would think"

    "What happens if you become mortal?"

    "I'd die, immortality is what's keeping me alive right now, my time had passed, but I'm still alive" She said.

    "Why did you become an immortal?"

    "I was young, and thought it would be a blessing, seeing how the world will evolve. But after my family had passed, I realized the mistake I've made. Seeing everything you knew fade as well as the people you love wither away to death's hands.. I told myself I'd not get close to anyone if fear I would loose them"

    "Then you met me"

    "Yes, I met you that lone winter night. My original plan was to heal you, and give you to someone else to handle. But I grew too attached. And here we are" She said.

     "I see" Oscar looked down, looking as if he was in thought.

     "Don't worry your pretty head about it dearie, you're my son, and for that I love you dearly, it's just a shame to see you grow up so fast"

     He looked to her, she sighed "I remember how you'd crawl into bed with me when you had nightmares-"

    "Mother dearest, please, spare me the stories-" 

     "Or how you would clean up every little mess just for a cookie-"

    "I'm still waiting for mine"

    "Huh?"

     "I ran an errand for you. My cookies?"

    She smiled and laughed "You goofball, go get some."

    "I will, and.. Mother dearest?"

    "Yes?"

     "I've been thinking about what that little child has said... Can I get a sibling?"

     Silence rose up within the room of the little cottage. 

    "What?"

    "I'm asking if-"

    "No, I heard what you said it's just..... How can I get you a sibling if one, I don't have a partner, and two, no children to just pick up off the street like I did for you?"

    Oscar thought about it, then came to the conclusion that she was correct. All the children had families, if they were originally homeless like Oscar was, either they all died of starvation, or had already gotten families of their own. Plus, his mother was the type to avoid men, so her getting a partner was a chance even lower than just finding a stray child.

     Gabriella laughed "Are you lonely?"

    Oscar looked to her, and slightly nodded "Then go find yourself a girlfriend, boys your age nowadays are looking for a partner"

     Oscar had a "Wtf" look on his face "Mother dearest, I don't need a woman in my life, I already have you"

     She sighed "Well? Go make some friends then, go make friends and find something fun to do. I'm just an idle immortal whose not up to date about mortals pastimes" She said.

     Oscar looked at her, a blank expression. She smiled.

    "What? I'm pretty sure you've been bored just being here with me-"

    "I'm not"

    "Okay then. I have nothing to offer when it comes to a sibling. Do you want siblings?"

    Oscar nodded. She sighed "One day, I'll look for another to adopt then" She said, defeated.

    Oscar nodded, he stood up and looked at the pot and what it was in it. 

     "Do you want some help-"

     "Go get your cookies Mr. Kiss-ass"

     He nodded, and walked out of the room.

     She smiled, then looked outside. Who was she to deny Oscar a mortal buddy? Oscar would need someone to grow old with. She looked down, a saddened expression on her face.

    "Well... He could do with a girlfriend" She muttered, an "Oh well" expression on her face as she continued with what she was originally doing.

    [End of extra Two]