🍄🍄

Finally finding something to eat, and thus, began serving it, she asked the child the question she needed answers to.

       "I need to ask you something" She started off.

      Oscar nodded, putting a spoonful of soup into his mouth as he looked at her with curiosity.

      "Are you still in pain? I have noticed that you have been limping still" She said, taking a sip of her freshly brewed hot tea.

       The 7 year old boy felt a sting of pain in his chest. He didn't wish to lie to the woman (who he later found out was a Witch) who saved him, who took care of him and cared for him. He didn't want to lie, but he didn't want her to get rid of him either.

      He's scared.

       "Answer honestly, it's been a little over a month and honestly, you should've healed from those wounds you had when I found you, you had nothing major that'll take more than a month to heal"

        He froze, and paled.... He's been found out....

      She sighed "Why did you fake it?"

      The poor boy began to tremble "I...." He was at a loss for words.

     Was she mad? Disappointed? Would she kick him out? He's terrified to know the answer.

      "Oscar dear, tell me, why did you fake it?" She asked, her voice kind and soft, but hurt.

      He decided to come clean, as he confessed, she didn't nothing but smile warmly in understanding. Once he finished, tears had fallen like waterfalls down his face. She hugged him.

       "Oscar, dearie, if you wanted to stay here, all you had to do was say so." She simply said, petting his soft, short hair.

       The young 7 year old hugged her back tightly, like if he let go, she'd disappear. That night, the woman gave up on the idea of not getting attached. With this child, she's passed the point of no return.

        Damn her and her attachment issues.....

         Since then, Oscar had remained even more so by her side, he had named himself her little "helper". The woman thought it was cute and funny, a small seven year old making himself a helper.

       She didn't mind it however.

       Oscar wondered why she had lived alone. Didn't it get all lonely living out here so far deep into the forest? Where's her family? Didn't she have a partner? Well. She wasn't alone anymore thanks to Oscar coming into her life. But still, one can wonder. However, when the woman took Oscar out on one of her many walks, saying the child needed some fresh air. He found out one reason why she preferred to be alone.

       Upon walking on that beautiful night, walking under the bright, but soft glow from the moon, what was not to love?

      Walking into town, they passed by a bar, and both the woman and Oscar planned on walking past it like it was nothing. However, a group of (obviously) drunk men came stumbling out. Oscar, not liking the vibe, clung onto the woman. The woman looked to the nervous child and smiled, gently patting his head.

      "Don't worry dearie, they're not going to hurt you"

      Oscar nodded, and held her hand as they continued to walk. They just went into view of the drunkards when they began spewing out insults, turning what she is, into a sort of insult.