Nerve

Lewis wouldn't stop complaining about me not telling him about the scans on the way to my room.

"All I'm saying is you could've told me if something wasn't right. I mean we're friends right?" He was pushing my wheelchair now, because the nurse stepped aside as soon as he started nagging me.

That traitor abandoned her brother in times of need.

"You shouldn't have lied to him." That was my hallucination. He kinda sounds like my conscience. I really need to set that therapy session.

"I'm sorry I lied, I just didn't want you to worry."

"It's fine." Lewis sighed, opening the door or my room. "I just don't want you to keep things from me, especially when they're about your health." He mumbled, forming pout on his lips as he helped me onto the bed.

"God, he looks so cute when he's worried." The guy said and for a moment there I worried I was the one who said that aloud.

"I won't-" I choked when my leg moved the wrong way causing me pain. "I won't do it again." I groaned.

Lewis didn't seem too convinced by my promise. He squinted his eyes at me and didn't say anything. He was still wearing the same clothes from this morning and dark circles were forming under his eyes. I don't think him being here was doing him any good.

"Why don't you take my car, go home and shower?" I suggested. He frowned, he definitely didn't like the idea.

"I'm not going to leave you here alone." He dragged a chair closer to the bed and sat down as if to make a point.

"You could do it quickly and bring me some clean clothes. I'd appreciate that. I wouldn't want to walk out on borrowed clothes from the lost and found." His expression softened and he gave it some thought.

"Fine, you better not die while I'm gone. I swear I'll follow you to hell to smack you back to life if I have to." He got up and kissed my forehead before leaving. For someone who rejected me earlier this morning he was getting awfully chummy with me.

Should I feel offended that he thinks I'm going to hell?

"Why would you? You know it's true." I snapped my neck to the guy who was now leaning on the window.

"Did you... hear my thoughts?"

"Yes, it's a perk from being inside your head." He said.

"Fantastic." I closed my eyes and lowered the bed to lay down. My intention of falling asleep went out the window when the door opened again.

"Miller, I see your scans came back clear." It was Bianco holding a tablet that probably had my MRI scans in it. Now that I think about it, Bianco has been here way past his working hours too.

"Yes..." I mumbled, staring at the guy who got on guard with his presence.

"You shouldn't be near him." He hissed. His hand went for the dagger in his belt like it was a reflex.

"You don't sound too happy about it." Bianco raised an eyebrow at me. I wasn't happy because it meant a conversation with my shrink.

"Bianco, is there a possibility that I could've done magic from the book? Being human and all?"

"Absolutely not."

"Yeah, I figured..." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Why are you asking? Did you try?" He frowned.

"Well, I read a spell, nothing happened of course, but after I got shot this asshole showed up here." I pointed at the guy staring daggers at Bianco. A guy only I can see and I don't even know what to call him.