Hallucination

I could hear my heart pumping blood through my veins and I could feel Lewis' heart beating aggressively in my back. The guy kept the gun pointed at us as he spoke into the phone.

"Who the hell are you?" He said to us, after a few minutes of muffled talking on the phone.

"I'm a nurse, I work here. He's my roommate, we hid here when we heard the code silver." I gripped the scalpel, hiding it as I could behind me. He hasn't noticed it yet and I want to keep it that way.

"He says he's a nurse..." He said to the phone, without taking his eyes away from us.

"... No, yeah, and his roommate apparently..." He scanned the area and his eyes stopped at something on the floor. The black packet.

"No- fuck, hold on I think they found it first." He hung up the phone and walked towards us. I pushed Lewis further back into the wall and he let out a scared cry.

"How did you know this was here?" He asked, getting down slowly to pick up the duct taped package.

I stayed quiet and when I didn't answer he stepped closer pulling the gun to my face. Lewis hid his face in my back with a whine and I felt wet tears through the fabric of my shirt.

"I asked you a fucking question."

"He, he smelled it..." I said, almost shitting my pants when I heard him take the safety off the gun.

"What? He smelled it? Like a fucking drug dog?"

"He said it stinks like rotten eggs. I thought it was a gas leak at first." I explained. He lowered the gun and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Fucking fantastic..." He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose with one hand by both sides. A manner that I've seen before.

"Seth?"

"How do you know my name?" He asked calmly, before pulling the gun to my face again. "I said, how the fuck do you know my name?"

Oh, I'm going to die.

"I-I work in the ED! You brought your friend in, the other day! I remember because he was in bad shape and you wanted to leave." I stuttered out, squeezing my eyes shut, feeling the cold metal of the gun against my forehead.

His phone rang, I opened my eyes to see him pull the gun down and look for his phone in his pocket. I took advantage of his distraction and lifted the scalpel to stab him in the shoulder.

"Fuck!" He shouted at the same time that the gun went off. The recoil was too strong for his now injured shoulder and he dropped the gun.

I fell to the floor when I felt a stinging pain in my left thigh. I saw a bullet hole and blood gushing out.

"You fucker!" He yelled, pulling the scalpel out of his shoulder.

"I wouldn't have done that if I were you, you could've- Oh, fuck! this hurts, you could've torn an artery or a nerve." I said because I could never, for the love of god, shut up. And being shot was proof of it.

"Oh, really? Then I bet it wouldn't be good if I did the same to you, would it?" He clenched his jaw, gripping the scalpel in my direction.

Oh god. I'm really going to die.

"Get away from him!" Lewis yelled. Holding the gun in his trembling hands.

"Please, do you even know how to use that thing? Give it to me before you get hurt." Seth mocked him, taking one step in his direction, but he didn't take a second one because Lewis fired a bullet, leaving a circular mark right in front of Seth's feet.