Fever

The lights coming in through the window woke me up. It was blinding. Suspiciously bright. I slept in and apparently Lewis did too because he didn't wake me.

"Lewis, wake up! We're gonna be late!" I yelled at him opening his door, I left it open and went back to my room.

I took a shower and started getting ready. When I got out Lewis was still in bed.

"Lewis, get up." I tried calling him up but he wasn't responding.

I went over to his bed and gave him a little shake.

"Lewie?" I unraveled the cocoon of sheets he was in to see his face. "Lewis, are you feeling okay?"

He looked at me and mumbled something I couldn't understand and it certainly wasn't english.

His face was an unnatural shade of red, almost as red as his eyes. The most concerning thing was how hot he felt, vampires weren't supposed to be hot, at all. It was like he was running a human fever.

"Lewis, come on buddy, get up." I tried getting him in a sitting position but he was dead weight. You would imagine someone so small wouldn't be so hard to lift.

"I'm cold." He whispered, shivering and with his teeth chattering.

"I know." Lewis put all his weight on me and I stumbled in the hallway. "Fuck!"

"You're warm."

I struggled with him all the way to the bathroom. He should stop eating pasta for dinner. I sat him on the toilet, hoping he wouldn't fall face down on the floor and started filling the bathtub with cold water.

I looked back at Lewis who was still sitting fever drunk in the toilet and debated whether I should take his clothes off or not. I decided against it. I didn't want Lewis making a fuss because I saw him naked a second time.

Once the bathtub was filled I closed the faucet and kneeled down in front of Lewis.

"Lewis, I need you to get in the tub and stay there for a moment, okay?" He nodded but I don't think he fully understood. He looked out of it.

He flinched as soon as his feet touched the water and pulled away immediately.

I managed to get him into the tub despite his complaints of how cold he was. We sat there for what seemed hours but was nothing but mere minutes, just staring at each other and hearing the soft sounds of Lewis moving in the water.

"C-can I get out now?" His lips were trembling, I placed a hand on his forehead, he still had a bit of a fever but it should be okay to get him out now.

"Yes, come on, let's change your clothes." I held out my hand for him as I got up. He grabbed it.

He stared at me like he didn't know what he was supposed to do next and then I noticed his eyes got dilated.

"Lewie?" He stepped forward and missed the bathtub small wall like he didn't know it was there.

He fell on me causing me to hit my head with the floor. I saw black for a minute, when I opened my eyes Lewis was on top of me.

"Lewis, what the fuck are you doing?"

Before I could even realize what was happening I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder and Lewis' blonde hair was blocking my view from it.

"Shit!" I grabbed a fistful of his hair and tried pulling him away from me. "Fuck! Fuck! It hurts! It fucking hurts! Lewis! get the fuck off of me!" I tried pulling again and to my surprise he just let go.

"It hurts?" He simply asked, with my warm blood dripping down the corner of his mouth. Like he didn't know he just almost bit my neck off.

"Yes! Lewis! It hurts!" What the fuck was wrong with him?