History Lesson

I heard weird noises and a voice calling me.

"Parrish!" Was that Maggie?

I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the fluorescent lights of the hospital ceiling, so I closed them again and blinked a few times before I got used to the light.

"Oh my God, Parrish, how are you feeling?"

"What?"

I was confused at first, why was she asking me that? But then I remembered Bianco falling, me falling and almost cracking open my head. I placed a hand on the back of my head to examine the area, I didn't feel any stitches, just some minor swelling so I probably didn't fall that hard.

"Does anything hurt?" She asked again, petting my hair.

"No, I'm fine, how is Bianco?"

"He's fine, the idiot just reopened his stitches from working after I told him to go home." She informed me. "You were the one who had us worried, you hit your head and passed out."

"I see, how long was I out?" I asked sitting up. "I need to get back to work, how is Milo?"

"About ten minutes and you can't go back to work, you're done for the day, I asked Ava to send you and Bianco home."

"Maggie, you can't just-"

"Neither of you are at hundred percent, you'll end up making a mistake so you're both going home." She had a valid argument but still, I couldn't just leave.

I opened my mouth to say something but got interrupted.

"Don't argue with her, Miller, she threatened to get me fired if I didn't go." I heard Bianco and I looked to my side only to find him sitting on the bed next to mine getting his bandages fixed.

"Fine."

"Go home and get some rest." She gave my hand a little squeeze before letting go and walking away.

"I don't get it, she's just the head nurse, she couldn't get me fired, right?" Bianco said as we walked through the parking lot.

"Then why are you leaving?"

"Because she scares me." He joked. "Are you sure you're good to drive?" He asked when I didn't respond to his joke, not that I didn't find it funny, I just couldn't stop thinking about that dream I was having.

"Yeah, I'm good, I just had the weirdest dream while I was out."

"Really? What was it about?"

"A girl."

"A girl? You sure you don't want to go back to get another CT of your head?" He only said that because never in my whole gay ass life have I ever dreamt of a girl.

I did laugh this time, the thought of dating a girl sounded ridiculous to me ever since I laid eyes on Tom Johnson reading along in the library.

"Would it help if I said he looked like a boy I know?"

"Kinda." He laughed. "Take care, Miller, I'll see you tomorrow." He said walking away to his car.

"Bye." I got into my car too and drove home in silence.

"You're home early, did something happen?" The face of my dreams welcomed me home, it felt surreal how like her he looked.

No, it actually made a lot of sense. Lewis was one of the many things bothering me at the time but he was the only one I wasn't actively trying to solve, so my subconscious constructed a dream about him. Why did he look like a renaissance princess with white hair? I had no I no idea, but then again it felt more like a memory than like a dream.