"Don't let a witch get between us," he says as starts walking out of the room. "You know it's forbidden to touch her, anyway."

𓆩♡𓆪

Watching Azriel integrate himself into the school sparks a rage in me unlike any other. This was my brother, the guy I grew up with, played stupid games with, and celebrated birthdays with.

And now, I found myself resisting the urge to kill him.  

Partly, it was because of the risk of him finding out Valeria. But the other part was that he was here to take credit for all I've done so that the demons will bow to him when they are released. I was always told Azriel deserved it more than me, he was stronger after all. But I believe that might be different now. 

I watch him as I walk down the hallway. The vampires instantly took a liking to him. But it's not a vampire he speaks to, it's Valeria. I stop walking for a moment. I watch as he talks to her, smiles at her, a muscle in my face twitches. 

Fuck being polite. I'm ending this conversation. I walk right up to them, grab Valeria's wrist, and begin pulling her down the hallway. She shouts at me, "Hey!"

I make her enter my room with me and I shut the door behind us. She looks at me, confused, angry, maybe something else, I don't know. But she stands there with her arms crossed.

"What is wrong with you, Adonis?" she asks me. Her eyes dart around my face. "Does me talking to a guy piss you off, or something?"

"Maybe I'm pissed off about something else," I say while undoing my tie and tossing it onto the bed. "Do you think that you're my world, Valeria?"

My words are bitter. I walk over to my mirror and unbutton the top few buttons of my white shirt as her eyes follow me. 

"Yea, I do," she says.

I quickly turn my head to look at her. She says as she takes a step toward me, "I don't think you hate me, Adonis. It's like you follow me everywhere I go, helping me, looking out for me. I think you spend more time with me than anybody else."

I don't say anything. She continues, "I think you like me."

Words don't come out of my throat as I look at her, at her lips that have spewed so many insults yet I still find myself wanting to taste.

"Careful, Adonis," she says. This time I take a step, she looks up at me, there's no distance between us now. "You're looking at me like you wanna kiss me."

"Would that be so bad?" I'm quick to say.

She looks surprised. She wasn't expecting me to admit it. Slowly, I raise my hand, I cup her face. My thumb brushes up and down her skin, it's so warm, so soft. 

"Bad? Maybe not," she says as I slowly inch my face towards hers, maintaining eye contact the entire time. "But forbidden, yes."

Forbidden. I'm a demon, she's an angel, we aren't even to speak, let alone kiss. But as I have her in front of me, with her lips so close to mine, I whisper, "I'll do the wrong thing for the right reason."

I lean forward and kiss the lips of an angel.

Her arms go around my neck, as we kiss she steps back until she hits the wall, my body leans against hers as I kiss her. Her lips were as soft and her kiss was as angelic as I thought it'd be, my hand ran through her hair, grabbing a handful of it as her lips moved with a demons. It reminded me of a piano, a low note and a high note being played at the same time, yet sounding so beautiful. We shouldn't kiss. And yet it's flawless.

"It tastes like betrayal to kiss you," she says between kisses, we both struggle to breathe, I let out a soft 'mm' into her mouth.

"Trust me, I know," I reply.

I have done a lot of evil acts in my life. But I believe this may just be the most evil of them all. I kiss the girl I need to kill, I make her feel safe with me even though I shouldn't, and I pin her against the wall while my people are dying for my actions. 

The kiss lasts until we physically cannot breathe. Her head is against the wall, looking at me as my hands are pressed against the wall, close to her face, and my head hangs down to be closer to her. I have her trapped here.

"Don't talk to Azriel," are the first words I say. Her eyebrows lower, I know she's about to ask me questions. "Don't ask questions. You trust me, don't you?"

Part of me hopes that she's going to say no. That would make things easier. But she doesn't, she nods, and doesn't ask me any additional questions. 

My eyes move down to her outfit, her curves, the way her breasts get pushed up. I also say, "And wear that dress more often."

I push myself off the wall and take a step back, allowing for her to move now. I've already betrayed her by kissing her, I made her kiss a demon, I killed her parents, and yet I still kissed her. 

I watch her as she walks out of my room, although her perfume remains. I have done a lot of sins in my life.

But kissing Valeria Brookes was my biggest sin of all. 

Word Count: 1509