Chapter 14

Dear Draco,

No, it's not a dream. Because dreams end, and one day you don't have to wake up. And I don't expect our story to end. I've already lost you once, believe me when I tell you that won't happen again.

And now I think I'm far too smooth. I even ate to please you.

I miss you too.

It's a bit strange for me, sometimes, to know that we love each other. But yes, the great Harry Potter fell in love with a Slytherin. With Draco Malfoy.

I think it's not just your father who's coming to haunt Hogwarts, but Salazar Slytherin himself!

So, a Malfoy who loves a Potter is disgraceful, but a Malfoy who blackmails a Potter for sexual favours isn't? Really, purebloods and their logic.

If there's one thing that hasn't changed since school, it's that I always look forward to the holidays. Back then it was so I could wander around the castle without having to worry about Hermione on my back for homework. Now it's so I can snuggle up in a warm bed with you, and have the teacher to myself, without Amanda on my back for our investigations.

No, nothing's really changed in the end, I'm still just as irresponsible, and I need someone to look after me.

I'll buy you your costume, and all the presents you want. If you think a Malfoy in love is frowned upon, try being a Potter begging a Malfoy for forgiveness. My whole family tree will come back to haunt me.

I'm taking care of myself, because you asked me to.

I love you too, and I can't wait to see you again, and to muss up your hair.

Love,

The saviour of the wizarding world

The owl set off, the letter clinging to its leg, towards the school. Harry smiled as he watched the figure walk away in the moonlight. He had to admit, though, that the letter had arrived on time, which had given him a break.

Strangely enough, his brain was less in turmoil now, and he had the impression of having taken a step back from the case. He glanced again at the files spread out in front of him.

And then he saw it. The file on the Auel case. With a smile, he sent all the other files to the cupboard, without paying them any more attention than that. Settling back in the armchair, a hot chocolate that he had just made appear in his hand, he began to read.

o0o0o0o

-Amanda !! Amanda !!

The young woman had barely passed through the door of the Ministry of Magic building when a dark-haired man with impossible hair jumped out at her.

-Did you set an alarm to detect my arrival or something?

Harry opened his mouth, but preferred not to answer the question.

-Unbelievable Harry... You know that if you'd waited even two minutes longer, I'd have arrived at the office, with a coffee in my hand, and already better able to listen to you.

Still grumbling, the young woman took the lift, followed by her partner. He was in a state, and she wasn't awake enough to handle it. She managed to hold him still a little longer, just long enough for her to sit down in her armchair and swallow a few more gulps of coffee.

-I'm listening, Harry. What's so urgent that justifies you jumping on me at 7 in the morning? You already sent an owl to wake me up at 6am, so I'd hoped I'd at least have time to drink more coffee...