Chapter 01

Spells were flying in all directions, yet neither side was giving up its positions.

-Amanda !

The young woman collapsed to the ground as the crates exploded around her. Trapped, Harry couldn't reach her.

-For god sake !

What should have been a simple reconnaissance mission had turned into a real pitched battle. Harry had only come with his partner, and he now regretted not having asked for more reinforcements.

For the moment, he had to find a way to get them out of here, and very quickly. He cast a spell, set fire to several wooden crates and, taking advantage of the confusion, ran to his team-mate.

The characteristic sound of the first transplaning was heard, followed quickly by several others.

-Auroras, you're surrounded!

Harry came out of hiding and looked at the smugglers in front of him:

-You can't-

The dark-haired man collapsed, hit by a spell before he could even raise a protective shield of any kind. The auroras made their entrance at the same moment, vastly outnumbering the traffickers, and it only took them a few minutes to convince them to surrender. Two of them, also trained in medicomagic, headed for the wounded.

Amanda, who had just recovered, was struggling to her feet. Another moved towards Harry.

-Chief, are you all right?

Harry sat staring into space. Amanda leaned towards him, running a hand over his forehead.

-What happened?

-I have to admit that I have very little memory of the moment I took two crates to the head.

The young woman leaned over and shook her team-mate's shoulder several times.

-Hey, Harry. You all right there? You're starting to scare us, mate.

The Saviour frowned and looked around for a few seconds.

-Amanda....

She smiled with relief.

-I can find out who these people are and what we're doing here.

Aurora's eyes widened in surprise. The people present had worked with them many times over the last few years.

-We've got to get him to hospital. And quickly.

o0o0o0o

The doctor was looking at the test results, a visibly upset Harry in front of him.

-Look, I don't want to tell you your job, sir, but I'm feeling fine. So can I go home now?

-Not quite, Mr Potter. It seems that you have been hit by an oblivion spell. But I confess I don't understand the extent of the damage.

-I was just confused for a few seconds after the shock, but everything's fine! Look, I remember Amanda well. And my friends. I know I'm Harry Potter, I defeated Voldemort, and I stayed at the Academy to become Aurora until I was 25. It was in my first year there that I met Amanda, and we decided to team up because we work well together.

-Yes, very good, very good.

The man pulled up his half-moon glasses, which bore a strong resemblance to Dumbledore's.

-Tell me, Mr Potter. How old are you?

-26," replied the young man, shrugging his shoulders.

It wasn't that he didn't want to be treated, but not only was he feeling great, but they'd just been given their first big case. He had to prove himself as a Saviour, and Amanda had often fought for her place as a woman, and a muggle-born one at that.