Chapter 9

Amy's POV

Ricky had left for work this morning before I had gotten up. We really should talk about that kiss.

I changed both myself and the twins before packing up as much as I could of our things into two suitcases.

I even stole one of Ricky's. I called the adoption center and the school to let them know that I would be taking the twins and dropping out of school.

One I finished doing everything else I wrote a letter to Ricky, placing it on the counter for him.

I have no choice.

I took everything to my car and drove to my dad's house. They through their things in the car and watched the twins while I got everything I needed from Mrs. Lee, Adrian's mom.

Everything seemed to be moving by so quickly, I hate leaving but I have to do what's best for my family. I wish it was staying here with Ricky but it's not.

The five of us drove to a parking lot to meet Adrian's dad for our new identities and passports. Once that was done we called a taxi to the airport.

We checked our bags in went though the long security process and found our gate. Before I knew it we were on a flight to New York.

It was long and exhausting, the twins woke up half way through the flight and were hard to get back to sleep.

Ricky's POV

I walked into the apartment, placing my keys onto the side table.

I walked into Amy's room and saw that she and the twins weren't there. Where are they? I tried calling her but it said the number was disconnected.

I looked around and huffed in defeat. I really wanted to talk to her about that kiss last night.

I walked to the kitchen to grab some food when I saw an envelope with my name on it.

I picked it up and opened it to pull out a piece of folded paper. I unfolded the paper.

"Ricky,

I'm sorry.
I know by the time you're reading this we'll be gone. I can say it a thousand times over I'm sorry I don't want to leave but as long as Adrian is out and not in prison I have to hide, we have to hide. I can't let her get to the kids, our kids. I will understand if you hate me, I hate myself. I don't know if we'll ever get to come back, maybe one day we will finally get to talk about that kiss but until then just know I'm sorry.

With love, pain and sorrow,
Amy."

I closed the letter, wiping my few tears. She really left. She told me that she would but I didn't believe her.

I walked to my room and laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. The fan spinning slowly.

Amy's POV

New York is beautiful but I miss home. I got a notification on my old phone from when I was a teenager. It said in all caps "Adrian Lee has been arrested for murder." I choked on my coffee at the news headline.

"Mom what is it? Are you okay." Emma my 15 year old daughter said. I can't believe it after 15 years she's been arrested. We can finally go home.

Ashley and my dad walked in with John. I looked at them gleaming. "What is it Ames?" My dad whose hair has turned grey asked.

"We can finally go home. Adrian she's been arrested." I said feeling joyous tears roll down my cheek.

I had told Emma and John the truth about everything and their father when they were 10. They always wanted to know about their father so I told them about him and why we couldn't be with him.

"At least we're moving before you two start high school. You'll love my old school." I said.

We packed up everything and were headed back home within a month.

The only sound was the clash of my heels with the marble floors. I walked down the old familiar school halls, walking into meet with the principal and school counselor to sign the twins up. "Amy?" A voice said.

I turned around to see...