Chapter 5

Amy's POV

I felt something hard but comfortable under me. I didn't want to open my eyes, I didn't want to wake up, but there was a pit in my stomach telling me to.

My eyes shot open. I sniffed the air around me, I looked up to see the thing I was laying on was Ricky. Shit. I looked around and saw that it was 7:30am.

I slowly and carefully got off of Ricky. I didn't make a sound. I closed the nursery door, leaning against it with a sigh.

I walked over to the twins and smiled down at them peacefully sleeping.

I sat on the blue chair next to the crib and crueler up on it in a ball. I rested my head and closed my eyes, drifting back to sleep.

I swear I heard crying but it stopped. I instead heard a shushing sound.

I woke up, pretending to still be asleep. "There you go buddy all better now." I heard Ricky whisper.

I felt a cold breeze, a shiver going through my body. It was soon replaced by a sudden warmth. "Sweet dreams Amy." I heard him whisper.

I waited until I heard the door lightly close to open my eyes.

I stared at the door. WHY. Just why Ricky? Why do you do this to me? God why is he so.... I don't know.

I sat up and grabbed my book out. I flipped page by page, getting lost in it.

Apparently hours had passed, I felt the sudden urge to pee and throw up. Throw up because I'm starving and pee because I drank a lot of water last night.

I placed my book away and walked out into the living room, Ricky was doing dishes. I walked past and went to the bathroom.

When I walked out I went over to the kitchen looking for food. I grabbed out left over pizza and bread sticks, throwing it onto a paper plate and into the microwave.

I heard a chuckle. I turned around taking a bite of my pizza. "You reheat your pizza? Why not just eat it cold?" Ricky asked.

I sat on top of the counter crossing my legs. "Yes. You eat it cold ugh gross." I teased.

"No I'm pretty sure reheating pizza is illegal." He joked. I laughed, "It is delicious and you know it."  I said.

He broke out in a fit of laughter. "Okay, okay, you win." He said a wide grin on his face.

I sat there looking at the room the twins are in I want this. Ricky isn't the same guy he was when I left.

"So what happened in Europe? You seem different." He said moving the dish towel in his hands.

I stopped laughing. I hate bringing up Europe. "It was good. I learned a lot, especially how to put people in their place." I said.

I hopped off the counter and walked into the nursery. I grabbed a pink flow shirt and a pair of white jeans. I threw it on then I woke the twins up and changed them. Once I finished changing them I brought them out to eat some lunch.

I went to the washer and moved their new clothes that I cleaned into the dryer.

The also put my new clothes into the washer. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands.

I looked in the bathroom mirror, I sniffed when I saw tears go down my cheeks. I mixed my makeup and wipe my tears.

I sighed before walking back out into the living room. "You good?" Ricky asked as he dried a cup.

"Yeah fine. Everything is fine." I said walking over to the couch. Ricky had gotten the twins some food.

I flipped on the tv and put on my show just for my phone to ring.

I turned the tv off and walked into the twins room. I answered the call. "Hello?" I asked.

"Amy mom's missing. Well not missing but she just packed up a bag and left to Palm Springs she left a single note. It says she apparently can't raise her daughters right and that we would be better off without her. Amy she left us. She left dad. What do I do?" Ashley said, I could tell she had been crying.

"I'll be right there." I said hanging up the phone I walked to the living room and threw some clothes into a duffle bag.

"I have to leave for the night. I'll be back in the morning. My sister is freaking out and she needs me. Just watch the twins and take care of them. Don't let anyone in the house and don't invite anyone over." I said in a panic, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Ricky stepped in front of me.

"Okay. But breathe you need to breathe Amy. Everything is fine." He said.

"No. Nothing is fine Ricky. You don't understand and you never will. You just don't get. I'll be back tomorrow." I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

I closed the door behind me, locking it. I took a deep breath before running to my car.

I sat there in my car for a minute as the rain hit it. I turned the engine on but I couldn't turn the key.

I banged my hands against the steering wheel. Screaming as loud as I could. I hate her, I hate my mom. Why can't she just except them?

No screw her. I pick up my phone and dial Ashley. "Amy what's going on." She asked concerned.

"Screw mom. She left because she can't except the twins. We don't need her, she never was there for us. She shipped me half away across the world. If she wants to be in our lives she needs to come to us we aren't the ones that need to be running after her. She left and that's on her. Ashley I'm sorry that she left but you and dad will be fine and I'll come visit with the twins. We can figure it out. I mean if she really wanted to be our mom it would tear her apart to leave, I mean I can't bare to be away from the twins for 5 minutes." I said.

"Amy. Your right. Me and dad will be fine go be with your kids while their still here. Soak it all in, and the. When your project is over you're going to get them back." Ashley said. I smiled at the thought.

"Thank you Ash, I'll see you tomorrow at school. Love you. Bye." I said before hanging up.

I grabbed my bag and purse, turned the car off and ran back inside, being drenched.

I walked back upstairs and unlocked the door. I walked into the walk way and dropped my bag onto the ground. I leaned on the door with yet another sigh.

I opened my eyes. "You're back. Or did you forget something?" Ricky spat.

"Yeah, I forgot to say I'm sorry. I just needed to," I stopped trying to find the right word.

"Yell." Ricky finished. "Yeah. I needed to yell. Scream." I said wiping my fresh tears.

He turned to walk back to his room. "I lied earlier. I'm not fine, I'm a mess. And Europe Europe was awful." I admitted playing with my hands.

"It was a cult. It's not how it is in the movies. It was cruel and disgusting. And my mom hates me. So yeah I'm sorry because I'm just angry." I bit my lip, nervous about being this vulnerable.

"You feel like you just can't breathe." He said turning around.

"Yeah."