Fourteen

THE SECRET

A few weeks had passed since the booze cruise, and the office was bustling with its usual activity

A few weeks had passed since the booze cruise, and the office was bustling with its usual activity. Isabelle sat at her desk, focused on typing up an important email. Meanwhile, Dwight, ever the meticulous organizer, was carefully arranging his collection of bobbleheads, and Jim was perched beside Pam's desk.

"—Nothing much, what's up with you?" Jim replied, playing with a nearby pen.

Pam chuckled, rolling her eyes, "I cannot believe I fell for that. Oh, my gosh!"

"Ha ha!" Michael joined in before leaning up beside Jim. "What? What? Where's the funny? Give it to me." He insisted as he pointed between the two.

Jim glanced at the camera, "Is it me or does it smell like updog in here?"

Michael furrowed his brows, "What's 'updog'?"

"Nothing much, what's up with you?" A smile crept up Jim's face.

Michael hesitated, "Oh, wow. I walked right into that." He laughed, tapping the reception table. "Oh, that's brilliant." His brain ticked in thought.

~

"Hey, Stanley, is that jacket made of updog?" Michael approached the man with a mysterious look on his face.

"I'm on the phone."

~

With failure from Stanley, Michael moved on to his next target, "What flavor coffee is that? Updog?" He took a sip out of his mug.

"What's that?" Ryan's forehead creased.

"I don't know. Nothing, what's up with you?" Michael snickered before realizing he had messed the joke up, he lowered his head in defeat.

"Huh?"

"No, damn it."

~

With Michael on his way around the office, he finally asked Kevin, "What does that mean?" Kevin stared blankly, he blinked.

"What does what mean?"

"That thing you just said."

"Just forget it," Michael muttered, he huffed his way back to his office before spotting Dwight beside his desk. "Dwight!" He called out. "Hey, is it me, or does this place smell like updog?"

"What's 'updog'?"

"Gotcha!" Michael exclaimed. "Oh, God." He chuckled in circles before his face straightened in realisation. "Crap." He said under his breath, he collected himself. "Nothing. How are you doing?"

"Good. How are you doing?"

"Mmm." Michael shook his head, trotting back into his main office. "Damn it!"