Chapter 13: Amity's Secret

A couple days ago, an incident occurred involving Amity accidentally burning Willow's memories. With Eda sending them in, Amity along side Luz, Crystal, and Leon, had managed to fix Willow's memories and rekindle their bond. Turns out, Amity was forced to stay away from Willow by her parents. Not long after that day, Leon had noticed that Amity was acting strangely whenever Luz was mentioned or even when she's around Luz. Leon called the twins and Crystal to his lab at their hideout to discuss.

Leon: *sets a beaker with a potion mixture on a hot-plate at medium heat* So, you three notice anything odd with Amity lately?

Crystal: So I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Emira: Mittens does seem to be a lot more quiet at home lately.

Edric: Almost like she's deep in thought about something.

Crystal: What could she be thinking about?

Leon: I don't know, but once I have this potion done, *stirs the potion a bit* it shall make whoever drinks it reveal the truth for a short time.

Leon uses a pipit to suck up some of the concoction and feeds some of it to a rat. The rat then turns to stone. They all stare with wide eyes and Leon chuckles a little.

Leon: Hehe, it's a work in progress.

Crystal: Clearly.

Leon: Hey, this is a new potion that's surprisingly tough to brew!

Emira: *hugs Leon from behind* You'll get it eventually, you're the best brewer I know. *kisses his cheek*

Leon: *blushes and smiles* Thanks, Emmy. Any idea's, Crystal?

Crystal: Well, I guess we could each try and talk to her and get her to confess what she's hiding.

Leon/Emira/Edric: That'll work!

We cut to Amity in the library, putting away some books when Leon slides up next to her.

Leon: Amity, Am's, good to see you. How's it going?

Amity: Uh, fine? *slowly puts a book on the shelf* You?

Leon: Eh, was just checking through the place, saw you and thought I'd check on ya.

Amity: . . . You say that like something's bothering me.

Leon: Well, you did seem to be acting quiet recently. Specifically when Luz is brought up-

Amity: Oh boy, look at the time! I need to be going!

Amity quickly dashes off with a slight blush. Leon follows her but looses her in a crowd. While she walks, Amity starts talking to herself.

Amity: Was it that obvious? Leon usually doesn't act unless he knows for sure. I never said it to any of them, so how would they know?

Amity stops when she hears the bushes shake and sighs as she rolls her eyes. She conjures some abomination goop to grab the two following her and ties them up.

Amity: Nice try, you two.

Edric: Just tell us.

Emira: You can't keep it secret forever!

Amity just walks off. We then see a montage of Leon and the twins trying to get Amity to spill the beans but are thwarted every time. After some training with Crystal, she and Amity take a break and start talking.

Amity: You're doing great, looks like you're starting to get the hang of abomination magic.

Crystal: *smiles and holds her arm out and conjures an abomination tendril and plant vine around her arm* Yeah, this is pretty cool. Hey, are you okay? I noticed you've been quiet lately.

Amity: *blushes* Oh no, not again!

Crystal: Woah woah woah! Easy, I'm just making sure you're okay, bestie to bestie. Are you feeling well?

Amity: *sighs* Fine, I'll just say it. you can come out now!

Leon and the twins pop out and sit down.

Leon: Alright, sorry for bothering you all day.

Emira: We were just curious.

Amity: It's alright. *takes a deep breath* I, may have a tiny itty bitty little crush on Luz.

The four of them smile brightly and squeal quietly.

Amity: *blushes and chuckles* Yeah yeah, don't get your hopes too high. I doubt they're real romantic feelings. It's most likely just genuine fascination.

They all give her a collective knowing smirk. Amity sighs and heads up to the garden of their hideout. She picks up a flower and smiles, thinking about Luz. Her smile then drops as she sighs and starts singing while Leon, Crystal, and the twins join in as backup vocals.

The four smile and decide to leave Amity alone to0 her thoughts for a bit. When they're downstairs, they're greeted by Lu7z.

Luz: Hey guys! Is Amity around?

Leon: Uh, yeah. She just uh-

Crystal: She's busy right now! Yeah, she's just thinking about something!

Luz: Oh, maybe I could help her ou-

They all collectively stop her.

Emira: Let's just leave Mittens alone for a bit.

Leon: How about I show you a new potion I'm working on?

Luz: *starry eyed* Oooohh, what kind are you working on?!

Crystal leads her to his lab.

Crystal: The kind that petrifies people and animals. *smirks at Leon*

Leon: *sighs and follows* I told you, it's a work in progress!!!

They all laugh as we fade to black.

AN: And, that's a wrap! Thank you for the long wait, and I apologize for said wait and for the short chapter length. I'm working to improve on writing original chapters. But thanks for reading, leave a reply and a vote, special thanks to Trixie090306 for helping with story ideas and Crystal Clawthorne's creation, and I'll see you all next chapter!!!